Monday, February 21, 2011

I want a three day weekend.

2-21-11




No fair! Everyone else gets today off. I feel like pouting now.



I would have loved the extra day off. I am beat. It was a productive weekend. House got cleaned to a point that although there are still a few more things to do, maintenance should be doable. We got some party supplies and reserved the bouncer. Now as long as the weather cooperates, we have us a party.



Papa Brenan got out of the hospital with what they are saying was only a viral infection. It seems fishy to me, but what do I know? Either way, he is home, and rather unmotivated. Andy stayed the weekend, and really had to encourage him to do anything. Not good. He and Carolie also spent a great deal of time bickering, which doesn’t help either. So the plan is to keep him engaged. Get him out of his chair often. And even if he is in his chair, make sure he is thinking, not just sleeping. We got him a bunch of Suduku books since we know he likes that. The boys also picked him out some coloring books. We will try to call nightly, and on his schedule Andy made him, he is to make sure to call his grandson on Thursday. Maybe even a video chat is in order since it means he needs to go in the other room.



When I took the boys down to the open casting call for the show “Seriously Funny Kids”, I really didn’t think much of it. It was just a good way for them to talk to people, and Bobby always needs practice with shyness. On Friday afternoon, I got a call from the people at the show. They want the boys to come back for more chit chat. I have to fill out all this paperwork for them to do it. The school even needs to sign off on it! But, what the hell, right? It is an adventure and if they make it on the show, it will be something cool for the scrapbook.



The rain didn’t come during the day, which allowed the boys to play a lot outside this weekend. It was nice, too, since they spent a couple of hours with their friend, Anthony, in the front. He is coming to the birthday party, which is very nice. He seems like a sweet kid. He is 6 and goes to a private school for some possible learning disabilities (I don’t know the exacts, except that is grandmother told us yesterday it is a school that mostly deals in autism and aspergers). She seemed very happy for her grandson to have friends so close.



I had fuckered up dreams last night in which there was a huge murder mystery I became involved in. Some 4 year old slaughtered 4 people including his parents. Not good.



As I read a story to the boys, Dax put one of his stuffed tigers on my head. Bobby looked at me, shakes his head with sorrow and says, “Oh mom, you don’t deserve that.” Man that kid cracks me up.



Of course, not to be outdone, we were watching Wipeout when this guy smacks into one of the many obstacles with quite a bit of force. I laughed and said that that particular challenge was no joke. Dax looks at me and says, “Then why are you laughing?”



I know I am tired when I am feeling this cold.



It is tough to fill out these questions for the boys. Is your child an “expert” in any field? Dude, my kids are 4 and 5. I am just excited they wipe their own ass now. Bobby did ask me this weekend if I was so glad I didn’t have to wipe his butt anymore. He has no idea.



Seriously, I am falling asleep! I blame the Nyquil since I am pretty sure it is still in my system. It is how I always am the morning after.



The dream is still messing with me. Not the slaughter, mind you, That, as much it sounds awful, wasn’t the point. It was filled with a lot of people, many of whom are fiends from past, present, and I gathered that many were future. What was cool about it was the support I had. I mean, there was so much going on, and yet I felt so supported. It fucked with me only in the sense that I felt bad for having doubted it. So many people were holding me up in a time of chaos and they were these super smiling faces that had so much love in them. It was a strange juxtaposition between this and the horror of murder and death of not only actual people, but innocence when the killer was a 4 year old child with no remorse. Haunting images of blood combined with heart warming hugs. I swear, it was all kinds of wrong and right all at the same time.



Ok, I have woken up a smidge now that people have started coming into the office. I just chatted it up with folks, one of whom got an iPhone over the weekend and has yet to download any apps. I am very disappointed in her.



As I looked over my bedroom I was amused that the ratio of ducks to skulls was pretty even. I may need to get the Skeleanimal duck to make a happy medium.



KROQ has played two Guns and Roses songs this morning. I find that to be unacceptable.

No comments: