Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Wait

2-8-11




My calendar is quite informative. I had no idea that Del Shannon killed himself. Hmm.



Email at work is down. Super annoying since I kind of rely on it. I am not proud of this, but it is what it is.



The good news is I have a fascinating article about this guy who was high up in the Church of Scientology for 35 years, and recently bailed due to the Church’s lack of a stance against Prop 8. He is wrote a book about the Church and what it was like. It is interesting. The article is in the New Yorker, so it is crazy long, and very well written.



My temporary bunk mate is a Kevin and Bean fan. I had no idea until recently. Of course, it figures she is leaving this week. LOL! But on the plus side, she actually requests that I turn my radio up!



My Luna went with Dax and I to get Bobby. She was so happy! She also was being all squishy affectionate with me later on. Loved it!



I was sitting on the grass with Dax and Luna, waiting for Bobby and I ended up chatting it up with one of the mom’s from Dax’s class. She is super nice. She comments on how pretty Luna’s teeth are. I told her how we think the same thing about her teeth since Lycos has the yuck teeth. I then pointed out that I don’t even brush them. She said that dog groomers do quite well for themselves and I told her that I always thought that would be a fun job. She then tells me how she thinks I would be great at it. I didn’t know why she said this being that she doesn’t know me, but then it dawned on me that during the conversation, I had been absent mindedly been petting Luna into a state of complete relaxation. LOL! I guess I may in fact have a way with dogs.



Bobby has a project due next week where they were hoping to get as many sequential pennies as possible. Now, it didn’t say how far back to go, but me being queen of overkill, I spent my time while Bobby and Dax worked on homework, I sat with them and found pennies. I had my list, I had cards to tape them on, I was crazy. I got us back to 1971. I need 1970. I also need I think it is 1967, and 1964 back. I was pretty proud! Who knew we had so many pennies!



I feel hot. I don’t like that. I think it is still part of this cold. Although I do feel a little better, this may be the last parts of it.



I was supposed to leave early today because Ken was going to be working on a set this Tuesday and next. As of right now, it is on hiatus. Probably for the best for me this week what with me covering 2 people. Maryann is out all week, and Vicki’s computer is broken.



I hate waiting. I am horrible with keeping a surprise a surprise. You should see me at Christmas. It took all of my strength to not tell Ken about the surger I got him. I remember when I first had email, back in the days of Cyberverse. Holy crap, it drove me nuts when I would email someone and it took them forever to respond. LOL! I would email Ken, hoping to get a response. He was still married at the time. Hee hee! It was my drug of choice at the time. But I was horrible about checking my mail every two seconds. Man, with this having the net on my phone, too, I am crazy about checking things. But thankfully, I think I have gotten a smidge better. Ok, who am I kidding. LOL!!



Right now, I am waiting on the email systems to be restored. It is driving me nuts!

No comments: