Thursday, February 24, 2011

a nugget of blog

2-24-11




Oh happy birthday to my baby boy. How did you get to 6 so freaking fast????



I am having a rough morning. I had a sip of the coffee I had just prepared and it resulted in a nasty coughing fit. I spit coffee everywhere, proceeded to throw up a little, and even peed myself. I thought I was going to die. It was awful. I am ok now, but it was not pleasant.



I just called Bobby to wish him a happy birthday. He thanked me, but then was pretty much done with me as Sponge Bob was on, and we all know he is way cooler to watch than talking to mom on the phone is.



Ken is going to the parenting class this morning, and then goes to the doctor. I hope they determine it isn’t anything serious. The real sucky part of his headaches right now is that he has gotten the cold from hell (which both boys have, too), so every time he coughs, his head feels like it will explode. Not fun.



So the backup plan for the birthday party includes just showing Star Wars movies inside. Realistically, these are 6 year olds, so they won’t care. They can run, and play and have a good time. We will make it fun!!



I think I will make a cake tonight with Bobby’s help so that he can make a fun cake for today!



Cough, cough, cough. Dammit this is getting old.



And so it begins. The work stuff is hell.

No comments: