Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I wonder

2-2-11




I often wonder what will be the thing I will never understand about my kids. I say this because as I was visiting with my dad yesterday, we started talking about the Tiger Mom articles and different aspects of it. I mentioned the fact that I had written an essay regarding the topic. He just sat there and shook his head. He just didn’t understand the fact that I tend to write out epic tales of mundane topics just for fun. I felt a little sad that this was one of those things that means a lot to me that will never really intrigue my dad.



Sure, I have my random death obsession and like rubber duckies. Both of these things he doesn’t get, but those don’t bother me. I mean, I don’t quite understand his taste in movies or how much he enjoys bowling. These tidbits don’t detract from the relationship.



My mom seems to get it, but honestly I don’t know if she just humors me or if she really does like what I have written. I tend to just assume that she doesn’t like it. It just makes it easier in my head to feel this way.



One day, my boys are likely to come to me and tell me some passion that they have. I wonder if I will get it. I wonder if I can fake it if I don’t. I wonder if I should. I wonder if I should instead just try to understand it better.



My mom gave me a couple of articles to read regarding Tiger mom stuff. I told her I would send her my essay. I don’t know that I will. For whatever reason I can post my essay up in front of the 200 some people that are my friends on Facebook, yet sending it to my mother is a daunting task.



On a lighter note, I just won! Kevin and Bean had a giveaway of some old promotional crap and other things. I called and got right through. I won a piggy bank. Apparently it is some pig on skis that a Miss Double December gave them at some point. I don’t care since I am always just excited when I win. LOL!



I know this seems mean, but when the boys throw a tantrum I have taken to laughing at them. Sometimes it goes well and they laugh back. Often, they scream more. Of course this means me laughing more. Bobby will then cover his face. Not sure if he is trying to not laugh or what. Either way, I think it has been mostly positive. It is an easier one to pull off at home. I am hoping that this doesn’t occur in a store, but for now, I think the chuckle is the way to go.



I slept wonderfully last night, but I am zoned this morning. I think it is a lack of motivation on my part. Sure, I have things I could be doing, but I feel lazy. I was so comfy in bed, I really didn’t want to leave!



Tomorrow I get to go to class number two for Dax. I am going to work in the morning, go to class, and then my plan is to come back to work. This is my plan, but I make no promises.



There is actually a problem with having soft hair. Headbands are not your friend. They slip too much. Oh well.



While watching HIMYM last night, the topic on the show was the idea of how much it bugs guys that girls talk in great detail to other girls about their sex lives. This includes stats about their guys’ junk. I asked Ken if this would bug him or if let’s say I told him that my girlfriend told me that her boyfriend had a small penis if he wouldn’t be able to look at him the same way again. He said it would actually mess with him a smidge. I find this all interesting. I wonder how much women actually do discuss those details. I don’t know that I do too much of that. I don’t know that my friends do much. Then again, I wonder if it is just second nature at this point so I don’t notice. Hmmm…





I would say I need a project today, but I just want to zone out. I have been back in the land of Wikipedia. I may need to just find some articles to read.



Ok, I found some work instead of articles, so my lack of motivation had mostly diminished. This is probably a good thing. Plus, the day is moving at an ok pace, which is good.



I apparently have more copies to make for Dax’s class. This works out well since I can do them tomorrow morning and bring them with me to the parenting class.



I am going to try to make a chicken pot pie tonight. That should be interesting.



I am starting to hate this headband since it keeps sliding all over the place. Grrrr….

No comments: