Monday, February 14, 2011

Silence

2-14-11




This is really the only place I have a “voice” today. Mine is still on the fritz. It isn’t as bad as it was Saturday. That was my hell day. I even broke down sobbing in the afternoon because I was so frustrated.



Now I am just exhausted and tired and sleepy and pooped and needing to crawl back into bed.



We will see how long I last at work. I have a meeting at 1, but it could easily be rescheduled to tomorrow morning. I am using green tea for now, but I don’t know that it will make everything better.



My weekend was rough due to the sick. We did a lot of organizing and cleanup. A new flat screen tv now resides in our bedroom, which meant we cleaned out the old tv and the chest it used to sit on. While this was being done, laundry was flowing steadily and paperwork was gone through.



We actually got one of our dogs a license. Since I had all the paperwork for Luna, we thought it would be good to get her the tag. I also had read that they are cracking down on this, and since I have been walking her each day, I didn’t want to get pulled over without the proper info. We would have gotten Lycos done, but being that we didn’t have her spay paperwork handy (it was done 11 years ago), they couldn’t issue one. I am not stressing.



The boys exhibited more of their independent streak by playing up front most of the weekend. They have their new little friend, Anthony, down the street. They also have a little boy and girl across the street that they spent a good hour yesterday talking to, albeit by yelling across the street to each other (no one was allowed to cross the street due to their ages) and riding parallel to each other with their bikes/scooters.



Friday’s doctor appt went well. I love love love my new doc, who is new to the group. She was lovely and sweet and we spent a long time just talking. She was more than happy to re-prescribe my meds for 6 months, and set me up with an appt for that time with her for more meds and my pap. She also hooked me up with my tetanus shot that I was due for.



On top of the general maintenance, we discussed weight loss. I didn’t feel self conscious about it with her, which is odd. I felt down right comfy with her. I told her I was motivated and we discussed little things for me to change. She was very insistent that I don’t go overboard right out the gate. In fact, she loved the fact that I have been walking to get Bobby and that I have been doing things like that to start my exercise off. I also may have sold her on getting a par of the Shape Ups. LOL!



She suggested I get a fiber supplement as it will help me in general. She also put through some paperwork for a referral for this nutrition class which meets once a week for 6 weeks. She pointed out that it is nothing that I don’t probably already know, but it will give me support and ideas and just keep me motivated. I love the idea. It is like having a weight watchers meeting. I will feel accountable because I will have to face people each week! Love it! I also like that I get to meet with this new doc in 6 months as she will then get to see my progress.



This weekend I didn’t eat as much over the weekend. I tried to cut back some of my portions. I even made a point of eating an apple for a snack. I still have eaten some not so great stuff, but slowly I am working towards better.



When I am no longer at death’s door, I am hoping to do more exercise.



Have I mentioned I am sleepy?



I got an email from the kinder teacher that Bobby is going to start having spelling tests soon. Yie! I need to really get on him about these words. Tonight we will start spelling practice.



The boss is out until 11. Hmmm..maybe I can survive up until he would get in so I can bail before he gets in but still work a lot today.



Crap, I think I just fell asleep. Time to post this and get busy.

No comments: