Friday, February 11, 2011

Squishy

2-11-11




I am so sleepy. I didn’t sleep as good last night as the night before. I did crawl into bed before the kids did. In fact, they came into my bed to tuck me in and say good night.



My afternoon was a whir of activity. I got home and Dax, Luna and I went to get Mr. Bobby. When we arrived home, we started in on homework. We had barely scratched the surface when Ken called. He tells me that down at Pacific there was a crew that was doing interviews of kids for some new Lifetime show that was a kids say the craziest things style show. So I packed up the boys and jetted down to MB.



We got there and thankfully Ken had filled out the forms already. All I had to do was sign and turn the kids over to the people. They went in the classroom together and talked to one of the interviewers. I wasn’t allowed in, which made total sense. I just told them to have fun and they went in with smiles.



I went around to the other side of the classroom (MB classrooms have doors on both sides, with one wall being all sliding glass) and watched them through the windows. They both were quite chatty and animated. It was cute.



There was another mom there that was clearly a “stage mom”. Ken was with me a bit and I mentioned to him that Dax had been asleep on the way there. Stage mom (SM) tells me how her daughter does that on the way to auditions all the time and how she has given her candy bars sometimes to wake her up. That right, SM said auditions, plural. She was super annoying. Her daughter comes out and you could tell she was seasoned. SM didn’t seem excited to see her kid and acted all professional when she came out. It was sad, really. My boys came out and I asked them if they had fun, and they were happy as can be. To me, I didn’t care if they made it on the show. I just wanted them to be themselves. It was cool, too, as it allowed them both to not be shy.



Afterwards, we walked over to the playground where Dax amazed the shit out of me. I almost fell over I was in so much shock. He went across the monkey bars. No fucking joke. He went all the way across! Kid is crazy strong and athletic. It is amazing to me at times how much he is. Bobby seemed a little bummed he couldn’t do it, but I think he could if he tried. He is just a little nervous. Plus, I know he can climb.



I leave here early today. I have my doctor appt for my Effexor follow up. I guess it has been a year since I have been on it? It should be interesting since I have no voice. I can’t imagine that it will take too long.



My mom is meeting me at my house at 2 to walk up and get Bobby with me. I want her to see where we get the kids so that if ever there is a situation where she needs to get the boys she knows where to be. She is on the list of pre approved people to get them, and this way she can meet Mrs. Fasheh. I know my mom would also like to see the classroom stuff he has done. My hopes is to do the doctor visit, and then some quick cleaning of the house so that when she undoubtedly comes in the house it is clean. Luckily it isn’t too much to do. The playroom is the worst part, so I need to do that. This weekend we have some things to go in the attic from there.



Awww, my mom just told me I am an all around superior person. I feel all squishy now.

No comments: