Tuesday, August 30, 2011

6 more pounds!!!

8-30-11


I would have written yesterday had it not been for my work computer finally throwing in the towel and completely dying. On the plus side, the hard drive was fine and my newer machine seems to be keeping up with me significantly better. I did not mind being down for 3 hours, especially since no one was in the office, so I could sit and read my book.

I weighed myself on the Wii yesterday, and apparently I have lost 6 more pounds in the last week. I am not too shocked, only because I know I have been working hard. Still, it is almost unbelievable at the same time.

We went to find out what the boys’ classrooms are. Good thing we went when we did. Turns out, there are very few kindergarteners this year, so they wanted to assess every kinder student. Mrs. Fasheh and Mrs. Lee happened to be there, so even though it was past the time frame each day that they were doing this, they gladly took the 10 minutes to do this for Dax.

Dax of course blew them out of the water.

Kid counted to 100. He not only knew his colors based on the color, but on the word as well. He knows all his capital letters and lower case letters. He writes his name well. He just needs to work on some penmanship, which will come with practice. Mrs. Fasheh and Mrs Lee said they both would love him for their class.

Mrs Fasheh told me that they are making the classes even with skill sets so that the classes are balanced. Plus, they are using a new model for their lesson plans, and a new reading program, so it should be interesting. Plus, the 40 something wall words from last year have been reduced down to 30. First graders have more, but I think we will be ok.

Bobby has Mrs Kelly for 1st grade. I remember her I think and I know she was awesome. Plus, when we looked at his class list, his best friends were mostly in his class, which is good. It is also right next to Dax’s old classroom, which helps in logistics when it comes to pick up for both the boys. Yay!

Bobby looked nervous when we were at the school. I am thinking when we walk tomorrow, I will stop at the school and introduce him to his new teacher since I think she is supposed to be there. I think it may help.

Dax, of course, was just excited. He can’t wait to be a real kinder student. It will be an interesting year.

After our walk, I swam and played with the boys for a while. It was hot out, and the water was really nice. I know that they also enjoy it when I go in the pool with them.

With swimming around for 45 minutes, walking that mile or so, and then 35 minutes on the Wii, I kicked ass exercise wise yesterday. Today I will walk and then when we go to my folks’ house, I am going to use the Bowflex.

Man, my week looks to be busy in the evenings. Tomorrow, I am going with Stephanie for a doctor appt. Thursday, it is soccer practice time. Friday, Dax has his wellness checkup and also practice! Goodness! It has been suggested that we might go to Howl on Saturday night, and Saturday we might go hang out with a friend of Dax’s. Saturday morning, Brandy is coming with us to the farmer’s marker, and I would also like to take Brandy out at some point over the weekend for her birthday. I am hoping I do get to sleep at some point. LOL!!

Ken got me a super food processor. It is amazing. I have already made a smoothie! I want to start making ones with protein. I am thinking almonds. I have decided I like them. I tried some at the famer’s market that were flavored. Brandy suggested I roast some of my own in Agave and cinnamon. Sounded yummy, and I liked the idea. Too bad I burnt a lot of them. Grrr… Oh well, I will just need to try again.

I had chicken for breakfast that I baked in cream of chicken soup. It was nummy. I didn’t eat the soup, just the meat from the chicken. Lots of protein I figure. I am big on protein right now. It is keeping me free of too many carbs and sugar.

After my workouts yesterday, I felt amazing. Runner’s high is not a myth for sure. I am anxious to keep going.





No comments: