Friday, August 19, 2011

last minute errands

8-19-11


I am not even sure how I am typing this. I am pretty sure I am asleep.

Before we headed over to soccer practice, we stopped by Build a Bear where the boys got to make new friends. Dax chose a green panda, and we all got to put hearts in it for his birthday, which was really fun. We were on a tight schedule, but even with a room full of Brenans, we managed to get to practice on time.

Coach Matt is awesome. Very fun, supportive, and a good guy. Ken did his assistant coaching duties, which was cool. I talked to a couple of the other moms. The other woman who was going to be team parent clearly had already bowed out of responsibilities. She and her kid showed up a half an hour late.

Bobby is not the worst player on the team! There is another kid who seems more interested in smelling the flowers. Super cute! It should be an interesting year. The coach’s son is a little bossy, but a good player. The rest of the team looks like a good mix, though.

After practice, we went to Benihanna’s. Yum! The boys had not been there aside from as a baby before. They enjoyed the show. Dax really seemed to enjoy it, complete with giant belly laughs for the egg sponge bob to the rice Mickey Mouse. It was a good time! The boys even liked their chicken, rice and corn! Bobby was amazing, trying everything. He tried zucchini, shrimp, soup, and even the salad. He didn’t even hesitate when it came to trying. I am so proud of him!

Dax loved his Appa and MoMo dolls. He was positively giddy. We also discussed that we need to paint the van to look like Appa. I am way on board with this.

Ken, Andy, the boys and Grandma and Grandpa watched Avatar-The Last Air Bender while I crawled into bed. I was tired. I still am. We got home much later than I go to bed.

Today, I have no idea what they are doing. Papa Brenan has some work to do, and they also want to work on the porch. There was talk of the Discovery Cube and possibly the boys going to Maria’s for Dax’s graduation.

I am stuck at work. I considered calling out, but Ken seemed to discourage it, so I came in. My plan at this point is to leave early (maybe in an hour or so) to go get all my errands done. I need to get a bunch of stuff, and this would also allow me to go home and straighten up a bit before cup caking tonight. I need to wrap Dax’s drums, too. Plus, if I head out of here around 8, I can probably get home by noon, if not earlier, and who knows, I might even be able to go with the family to the cube if they end up going.

Although I am way looking forward to Dax’s party tomorrow, I will be happy when it is done.

We did manage to get a free bouncer rental, though. Our neighbor and her sister are doing bouncer rentals now, so they are letting us use one for free! Woo hoo! That is $150 we don’t have to shell out. I am very excited.

Ok, need to do some work before I head out.

No comments: