Friday, August 5, 2011

The Program

8-5-11


The orientation broke down a diet plan that consists of meal replacement. 5 shakes a day consisting of 100 calories each (I would have to consume more based on my BMI, which equates to needing 800 calories a day). This is the bare minimum on caloric intake. If you are still hungry or feeling faint, they want you to have another shake.

Shakes come 18 to a box, at $37 a box. You can technically get away with 2 boxes a week. Realistically, I would require 3 boxes, based on my caloric levels.

Each week I would have to (no exceptions. You must do this or you are kicked out of the program) go to the doctor weekly for a check-up, and immediately following this, I would be a part of a 90 minute meeting. Weekly, I would be spending from 6:00 to 8:30 every Monday night, down at Healthcare Partners.

Over the course of 3 months, it would cost $2300. I have rounded up from my actual breakdown since I want to make sure I factor in any possible issues.

It is expensive. It doesn’t sound too good to be true since if you truly are only consuming 800 calories a day, you will drop weight. There is no way around that. They encourage you to exercise, too. I would also have to consume lots of water (not a problem).

I brought this home, and Ken was skeptical. It sounds like a scam. It sounds like a way to get fat people to spend a lot of money to drop a lot of weight quickly, but then put it all back on once they eat normal food again. I could see his point, but when you are as scared and desperate as I was feeling, I was clinging on to this program as a last ditch effort to not be such a fat load.

In a release of a lot of tension, I cried and cried. It was out of fear. It was out exhaustion. It was way overdue.

My plan right now is to look into Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, and Lindora. I would like to see what their plans consist of and what the cost is. My dad had offered to pay for whatever I chose. I want to present the best course of action.

For now, I am changing my diet on my own. I have cut portions. I have added at least an apple a day. I have been doing my fiber. I will go to the store tonight to purchase salad makings for my lunches and get good snack items. I am hoping things like carrots, maybe more apples, and even just things like some of those 100 calorie packs will get me through the day.

If this doesn’t work, I may need to try this program.

My day was rough aside from all of this. I had to deal with bullshit politics at work. I have been informed that I have to once again cover for someone. She is out for only 2 days, but the issue is that she has volunteered to work from home since the only reason she can’t come in is that she needs someone home with her kid. So why in the fuck am I needing to cover?? Yes, it is all bullshit, and I am fighting this by playing ignorant. I need access to do her job, and only my manager can request it. Am I going to remind him of this? Not even a little bit.

In addition to that, we took the kittens to the shelter yesterday. There was a lot of drama with that. Last time we dropped off kittens, there was no issue. They were awesome. This time, they threatened to charge us, essentially acting as though this was an animal surrender. We pointed out that we were fostering them. They said that since we were not registered with them, it wasn’t through them. I told them that I had inquired about this on their Facebook page and that someone told me to hold on to them until they were three months or they would just go to another foster family. The shelter workers were not happy that one of their volunteers had set up a FB page without their knowledge.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, they said my kittens were only a month old. I told them their medical staff was incorrect, even providing evidence to the contrary. Even though they were healthy, they were under weight. The shelter finally agreed to get them fattened up for a few days, then they would be put on display for adoption.

Last time I bring kittens down there who are not fat, and last time I tell them I fostered them. I will simply need to tell them we just found them.

I have their numbers, and I will be monitoring them.

On the way to the shelter, Smokey decided to shit on me. It was not happy making.

I also gave up my Rudy, as much as it broke my heart.

I now am just counting down the couple hours before we go to our company meeting. That meeting will last from about 11:15 to noon. It will kill the last part of the day, and I get fed. This is happy making. Then I can go home. I can relax before the chaos tomorrow which will be the roof replacement.

I think tonight will be very mellow.

One last thing; I am so grateful for the gobs of support I have gotten from my friends and peeps on Facebook. Since the diabetes, I have felt an outpouring of love from people really routing for me to be healthy. Man, it really means the world to me.

No comments: