Thursday, August 4, 2011

better today

8-4-11


Happy dancing going on right now.

Ken spoke to a guy last night that is going to do the roof for a Papa Brenan approved pricing structure. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

This roofing will take place on Saturday morning, where they will rip up the rest of the old roof, and then get to work on the new one. It will be done by professionals. It will be done quickly. They are even cleaning up the old debris. They will put it all in the bag bins Ken got.

When I found this out last night, I honestly was so happy I almost cried. As much as I enjoyed seeing things like the boys being filthy from all their hard work, I was glad they would not be going back up on the roof. I was thrilled that the crap on the ground would be gone much sooner than I had feared.

On top of that, Ken and the boys are cleaning my house today since as it was pointed out, they don’t need to work on the roof anymore.

I spent some extra time with my Rudy yesterday. She is so tiny! She only weighs a pound, so technically she can’t go to the shelter, although I am sure they will take her. Her sisters are easily 2 pounds. She is so sweet and I just adore the shit out of her. I think Ken is ignoring this so he doesn’t have to tell me not a chance in hell. She is such a sweetie.

Out house is still going to be in crazy mode over the next 2 weeks. Although we have just the 4 of us today and tomorrow, I don’t anticipate much sleeping in what with the roofing on Saturday morning. I wonder how long it will take.

New theory on Lycos, which Ken came up with. It makes a lot of sense. She has not seemed to respond to the flea treatments like Luna and the cats have. She is covered still. It is causing her to constantly scratch, which means her back legs never get rest, which means when she walks, she can’t. Ken is calling the doc this morning to see about getting her some Capstar to kill off what fleas she has so we can see if that helps.

Luna has enjoyed being harness free this last week. She plays in the pool when she wants, she runs after shadows, and seems super happy. Since Lycos can’t even climb up the stairs to the pool, we have not had to worry about her getting in the pool. Of course, once this flea thing is cleared up, we may need to be more careful.

I love having my phone. I can’t watch videos at work with sound, but I can pull most of them up on my phone or even my iTouch. I honestly don’t know how I managed before. LOL!

Have I mentioned this poking my finger thing sucks? I am getting used to it, even getting enough blood on just one poke now. Still, I find myself cringing just before I push the button to stab the needle in my finger. I know it will get better, but for now, it is not fun.

I got Doug’s memorial book in the mail yesterday. It wasn’t what I had expected. Cheryl and Ken (Ken being Sandra’s second husband, Cheryl being Ken’s newish wife, the same one that worked at our school) had essentially put together some photos from the memorial ride and gathering we had. It wasn’t filled with pictures of Doug, which would have been kind of nice. This was nice and all, but I guess I was hoping for something different.

No comments: