Monday, August 22, 2011

the party was a success!

8-22-11


I think a nap is in order.

I started running around at 8 am on Friday. I managed to get a good chunk of all of the supplies I needed by about 10 am. In fact, I was feeling pretty relaxed over all since I didn’t have to stress about time. I went to the house where Ken, Andy and Papa Brenan were working on the roof. The boys had elected to go to Maria’s since they were invited to a graduation party for the kids going to kindergarten this year.

I headed out to pick up Ma Brenan at the hotel. The plan was that the guys would work on the roof until noon, which was when we were going to go and watch the ceremony. They had one of the water slide bouncers, and they were having a good ole time. We went for the presentation of a gift and a certificate, and then opted to just let the boys stay a while more.

Ma and I went to Toys R Us to pick out a present for Dax. It is very hard for me to point out things for him with someone else’s checkbook. I felt weird since I was always concerned about price. We did manage to find an awesome Avatar airbending game and a couple of remote control spiders (one for each boy).

By the time we got home, it was getting late enough that cup caking was in order. I mixed the batter and the cupcakes themselves turned out pretty good! El Pollo Loco was picked up and after dinner, I had my minions, um, I mean, helpers, frost the cupcakes and do sprinkles. Little dinosaurs were placed on top and voilĂ !

Ken and I got up around 7 Saturday morning. Andy got up soon after. We got the yard all set up, house ready and were pretty much prepped to go early. Of course, the bouncer showed up a little late. Sigh. I can’t really get too upset. It was free.

We had a great turn out. Everything seemed to go well. We didn’t anticipate how many kids would be fascinated with the pool, though. Just about everyone ended up in there by the end. Of course, it helped that the dino hunt turned into an all out water fight with even the grownups. Ken, Andy and Chris did dino duty and they did awesome. The kids loved it, and it was a kick to watch.

Even the dino dig went well. Of course, it could have gone better had I done that BEFORE the water part. LOL! Oh well. The kids didn’t seem to care. Turns out my parties need to come with the warning, “Caution, participants may get wet.”

It went from 11 to about 3:30. It was great to see many of my friends. Our neighbors, the ones with the free bouncer rental, also came, and they were super sweet. Their kids were there, too, which was cool! It was really a perfect mix of family and friends.

After the crazy of the party, I started to finally relax. My blood sugar was high all day due to the stress. It was fine the day before and on Sunday. It is interesting to see how much the stress can mess with it. I am starting 3 pills today. I was going to yesterday, but my schedule was still out of wack.

I would love a day to rest, but it will not happen. Today I need to get back to exercise. Jenni sent me a dance Wii game, so that is how I will do some of my stuff today. I plan on walking, also, especially since the boys seem to really like it. As long as they are on scooters, it seems to go just fine. I tend to walk faster since I am trying to make sure Dax doesn’t get too far ahead.

I need to remember not to have my hair in pigtails when I am outside for a long time. My head got a sunburn.

There is an orange girl kitten at the shelter. I am trying to be good and not go adopt her. See, if I did, it would seem lame that I didn’t just keep Rudy. Of course, if I truly wanted to adopt, I could adopt Rudy. Of course, bottom line, I really don’t need another cat, but man, I hate loving these kittens!!



No comments: