Thursday, August 25, 2011

sore and tired

8-25-11


I am tired and sore. I did my walk yesterday, and walked a smidge longer than normal. I then got home and went to work at cleaning up my house. It was still suffering from the party hangover. I managed to get most of it done, including changing the bedding for the boys and starting the monstrous task of laundry. On the plus side, my efforts were rewards when Ken and the boys got home. Dax went in to put Bolt on his bed and I heard him exclaim, “Wow! Thanks, Mom! Bobby! Come see! Mom cleaned our room!!” I am a rock star.

I didn’t do my Wii workout, but based on how much energy output was involved with the housework, I think I will be ok.

Tonight the boys have soccer practice. I have become team parent to both teams now. I had written up an email to send to Bobby’s team after the team parent meeting, and went ahead and sent most of the same information to Dax’s team. Dax’s coach was thrilled that I had taken the initiative and said I really have been the only parent who has replied to his email. I am glad to help, and really, this team parent thing should be pretty damn easy.

Luckily, Dax’s practice starts first, so Ken will be able to hear the meeting in the beginning. He and Bobby will go to his practice when it is time, and I will stay with Dax and help out. I just hope I have something to wear to a soccer practice! I am wondering if I should get some cleats. LOL!!

I have a headache that almost feels like I am dehydrated. It isn’t possible, based on how many fluids I am consuming. I think I actually am suffering from some allergies. My throat has been acting up.

Yesterday, I also noticed I was kind of short of breath. Not by much, and of course, it was while I was walking, so I didn’t think much of it. I noticed it again last night, but of course, that turns into a panic attack, so I had to work to calm down. In fact, just talking about it now is making me kind of freak. This is kind of why I think it is my crazy. Of course, I don’t know the cause. It may just be my whole body calming down from stresses lately. I will keep an eye on it and make note of any subsequent attacks.

I am looking forward to Saturday morning. Brandy and I are going to the Torrance Farmer’s Market. I don’t plan on getting too many things, but just getting prices and ideas will be good. We also are going to walk the park a couple times for some exercise. It will get my exercise done early, which is awesome! Plus, it will be nice to have a new venue for the workout. I am debating on bringing Luna. I think I will not only because I know you can’t have dogs at the marketplace.

Speaking of Miss Luna, she has decided that her new bed is actually under the bed. She has taken to sleeping under Dax’s bed at night. When Ken told her to go to bed last night, she went under. It is really cute, too, since she will then peak her little head out of the under the bed. She is super content to sleep in there all night, so we are way happy with it. She goes through spurts with liking and disliking her crate, so really, I don’t care where she sleeps as long as she doesn’t get into trouble. I actually like her being in the boys’ room since it means she is closer to family. Lycos always slept in our room, but now with our current configuration, there is no room for Luna’s crate in there. Both dogs have liked spending time with the boys, and I think Luna has also benefitted from more time inside. I make a point of having the dogs in when I am home. It has helped her calm down a bit inside. There is still the chasing of random sunbeams of course, but that is all part of her charm.

I am happy to report that I am up to 3 doses of my blood sugar meds, and my stomach has finally adjusted. YAY! Also, my numbers have been consistently good. I have cut back on how often I test. I make sure to test when I have eaten something different, or have completed some activity that is unusual. I also test if I am not feeling well. But I am not feeling the need to test it 7 times a day anymore.

I had a dream that I had a coke last night. Wow it was good. I do miss it, but I have been coke free since I started my journey to healthy living.

My other dream was some kind of awesome Zombie flick that took place during some kind of zombie apocalypse in which about 2/3rd the population had become zombies. The only people who seemed to know how to fight them were the hacker geeks. In fact, they had a whole community, that was able to keep them out of their area. I went there, and they let me go talk to the master hacker, who was this kid. He was brilliant. He told me secrets for some reason on how to bring back the world. I remember having to go into this little strange elevator that was clearly taken from some other building and put into this new structure that was built after zombies had destroyed the original. The whole atmosphere was very industrial and whimsical all at the same time. It was freaking awesome. I love it when my dreams are purely for my entertainment.

I hate days like today. I just want to go home. I have stuff to do here. I just feel like being home. I am going to suck it up, though. I can make it.

No comments: