Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fuck

5-8-12


Fuck.

Because clearly I am a glutton for punishment, and I can’t be patient on things, my hair is now packing up and leaving me in droves.


I wanted the fire hair. Well, I essentially set my hair on fire last night, burning the shit out of my scalp. Ken had a hard time even touching my head it was so hot. We got a bleaching product made by the same folks who made the awesome purple color I have been using. I figured, what the hell, let’s bleach it and then add the yellow base. Ken suggested we have some fun at first that would also allow him to practice.



We put on one of those highlighting caps on it and Ken pulled the hair and we would then apply the bleach on that part, leaving my hair bluish purple and white. Fun, right? You would think, but sadly the product that seemed to be working not only decided to make it white, but non-existent.


I sat with the heat treatment on my head and noted that the temperature was getting a bit much on one side. I assumed it was just from the hair dryer. This was more than that, though. Even with the hair dryer off my head, I was in pain. Ken quickly tried to remove the cap to see if we could cool it off. It was better, but my head is still tender this morning.



I rinsed the product out and begin brushing it. Clumps and clumps of white hair came out. I was in a panic. What had I done?



It is under a hat today, pulled back loosely in a ponytail. I put in a ton of my conditioning oils to hopefully help it a bit. I will be applying a deep conditioner to it later. It looks like crap.

The plan will be to get the rest of the color out via shampoo. I will then need to start adding some color to give it something to make it less straw like. I should have lightened it the slower way.

Fuck.

Thank goodness I have a plethora of awesome hats.






Once again Mrs. Kelly mentioned Bobby being chatty in class yesterday. I have stopped being concerned about this in terms of Bobby acting up. It sounds like ALL of the students are chatty. I also started looking at it from a different perspective. I read an article yesterday that talked about these middle school students who started timing how long they get to eat lunch each day. It was about 12 minutes. That’s it. Are you kidding me? I know that Bobby and Dax probably get about the same amount of time. They have very little time on the playground. It isn’t like when I was a kid where we had multiple recess times plus PE. They don’t have PE. They barely have recess. These kids need to run. These kids have energy. If they are wiggly in class it is because they are not given enough time to use this energy productively.


I am considering having the boys do something active for 20 minutes when we get home from school before they start homework. I think it might help. Maybe even something like the obstacle course on Wii Fit. It would be fun and it would get them moving. It may help.


I also know that they need to do more active things because they are having a hard time going to sleep. I don’t think it is the bedtime, either. They just seem restless. Today we will need to do some kind of a bike ride or something today. I think I want to go to Rocketship Park.


Who knew the first Twilight movie was so hard to find for rental? Netflix doesn’t have it streaming. Sure, I could spend money and upgrade my account, but why? Redbox and Blockbuster kiosks don’t have it. I may need to do it streaming on Amazon. It is like $10, but I think that is owning it. Not sure. Such a pain.


I found out yesterday that the school is doing away with Open House. Apparently parents are not using it so much to look to see what their kids have done over the year. They use it to check out the next year’s teachers to see who they want their kid to be with the following school year. This causes gobs of problems for the administration. So this year, they are combining the Spring Sing and Open House all together into one day in which we go during the school day. I HATE this. When I was a kid, Open House/Singing Events were all in the evening. It was a big event where grandparents could go and there were bake sales and the school was a fun place to go to. Now, it is more like a shortened day where sure, I can go look in their classrooms, but it is while they are in class. Sigh.



I need to get into my work today. It will hopefully make the day go by.

No comments: