Thursday, May 3, 2012

So it's been a couple days

5-3-12


It’s my Friday!

Tomorrow I get to go with Dax’s Kinder class to Cabrillo. I am playing paparazzi and taking tons of pics for the parents and class. I am sure I will have my own group, too, but I love being down there, helping out. Ken is coming, too, which is nice since I will have him to chat with on the bus. LOL!


It is perfect timing since it means I can sleep in tomorrow morning a bit after having a board meeting tonight for AYSO. Sigh. I am hoping the meeting isn’t too bad. It will hopefully be short, if only because we have met several times recently. We have a tournament coming in a week, and we will probably discuss registration. My only hope is that since our new guy is running it, he will be less chatty.

I have been moody and pissy. My PMS is almost like a sitcom. On top of that, I have been dealing with wacky, vivid dreams that don’t seem to follow my standard pattern of information giving images. I mean, why did I drive pass miles and miles of destroyed homes and stores to go to some diner that happened to be in the middle of nowhere? I found out the fires were caused by some plane that crashed into a truck. The diner was strange because I had long discussions with Scott Book. He is normally my white rabbit, and he tends to only be at the school, which means I am stressed about something coming too quickly or that I think I am forgetting something. He was much too calm in this, asking me more questions. Dani was there, too. I don’t know what was up. What makes it worse is that despite how clear it seemed, when I start to go back over it, the images disappear. I will then have a memory of something taking place, and honestly, I have to really think to determine if it is a real memory, or simply a dream flashback.


I have been engrossed in the Twilight series of books, and am in the midst of the final book. I have to say, they do grow on you. The main broad, Bella, needs to be killed off, but all of the other characters are interesting and I can see why people get crazed about the series. I am very excited about the fact that these books were found online in a free PDF format, which means I have been able to read books that I didn’t have to pay for.



I read an article this morning that was talking about how to encourage reading to kids. One was the idea of going to more book stores/libraries to let them browse. I may need to do that soon. Not that we have any lack of books, but really, picking out your own book is something that you cannot duplicate in a home library.

In addition to the PDF version being nice in terms of having it on my iPad for free, I have been able to also keep it open on my computer at work, being a nice unsuspecting way to read while “working”. Thank goodness I am fast at my job.


I have a meeting this morning in our department which could be heated. I am not sure if I am looking forward to it or not. I am hoping it isn’t long if only because it will allow me to escape to the gym for a nice walk.



No comments: