Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Protein

5-9-12


I am worried I look like Bret Michaels today.




Well, the good news is that the roots were not as damaged as feared. We checked it out yesterday and it appeared that the highlight cap kept all of the chemicals at bay, and actually, I have a healthy half inch of roots (if not more) all over.

I did some extensive research on the condition of my hair. Brandy offered to take me to a salon to fix it. I considered some natural remedies such as oils and egg yolks. I ended up coming across this product that would add back the Keratin and proteins I needed.



Aphogee works specifically for overly bleached hair. The texture of my hair was not dry and brittle, but gooey and stretchy. This is a protein that I put in my hair. I then dried it for like 25 minutes. It became thick and hard. I then rinsed it and added their uber conditioner to it. It already felt gobs better. Still a bit tangly, but better.



I also have been using my natural avocado oils on it and another leave in treatment that I am applying liberally. It is better all around. My hair lady told us that it would take about 2 weeks to recover.

My boys, in their infinite love for me, saw my hair yesterday and were in awe. Dax said I looked like a bad ass rock star (his words). Both of them said they loved it, which helped in my dealings with it.

What is especially odd is the difference between the white and the purple/blue. The colorful parts are curly and wild. The white, straight and almost stringy. It is an odd combo for sure. Thankfully, the leave in conditioner makes both seem more in line with each other.


I am frustrated this morning since my iPod crashed at some point yesterday during its update, deleting all the music on it. Not a big deal since I can reload, but I didn’t find this out till I was in the car on the way to work. Lame.



I am fucking with the high maintenance princess at work. She keeps moving my lunch bag so she can put her lunch bag in the same spot in the fridge. I really don’t care where my bag is, but I love that she cares. So I keep moving her shit. It is only for a little while longer. I need to get the mini fridge out of the garage to bring it in.

Lycos keeps peeing. Sigh. She won’t tell us when she has to go outside. She will just go to one of two spots in the house and pee 6 gallons of fluid. We put down puppy pads where she normally goes at night. She peed next to it. Sigh. Her bladder doesn’t seem to have the same hold it used to have. It sucks, especially since she has no other issues while in the house. Luna is good about going to the door. I would set up some kind of a dog door, but I am afraid Monarch will assume that is for her. Plus, I honestly don’t think Lycos would go outside to pee. Oh, and if it wasn’t worse, she whines when she is outside. Silly dog. I wonder if they make doggie Depends.



I am looking forward to next weekend since we are getting the delivery of the new pool. Andy and Scott graciously offered to buy the boys a new pool this year. We needed it to be bigger since let’s face it, they are taller now. It should be here next Friday, which hopefully depending on the weather, means maybe we can set it up on the weekend. Ken will have to raise the deck a bit, but other than that, we are ready. I am excited as I do very much so love summers in our backyard. I plan to make the most of it this year.



I may need to break down and buy a new bra. I seem to have lost all of my decent black bras, which is frustrating since even though I can rock the teal bra peeking liberally out of my tank top, I would like to have the option to be a little more subtle.





No comments: