Thursday, May 31, 2012

Go Kings Go!!!!!!!

5-31-12


I kicked some ass yesterday!


It was report day at work, which meant I was stuck in an Excel zone most of the day. But for some reason, everything was clicking and I was on fire. I not only completed everything, I did it in record time. I even had a couple hours to spare!



This energy inspired me. While the boys worked on homework, I worked on the playroom. Daniel is coming to stay with us for a couple weeks in July, so I wanted to make sure the playroom was in tip top shape. I went through bags and redid shelves. Ken put up a new shelf for me so we could put up all of the stuffed animals. We removed the Lego bins since they could go to the summer camp and be out of the room. I made things more accessible and made it look nice. I was so pleased!


The whirlwind didn’t stop. I had considered just heating up some taquitos for dinner, but ended up making a casserole and even doing some clean up in the kitchen as I went. I was rockin it! All of this was finished with time to sit in front of the tv with Ken to watch Game One of the Stanley Cup Finals. WOO!



When I arrived home from work, Ken was on the roof. He was peering down into the chimney. This didn’t seem good. In the morning, he had come across a baby crow on the porch that had fallen out of the giant tree across the street. He couldn’t get it back up in the real nest, so the plan was to put him up in Side Show Bob since it was a tree that no cats were climbing. Sadly, the crow, who is probably days away from flying on his own, opted to jump out of the tree, and then down the chimney.


After some coaxing and trying to lasso him, Ken ended up getting him from the fireplace itself, reaching up to snag him. It was at this point, Ken took him back to the roof. The baby was screaming his head off, sounding off the alarm. It was like a horror flick. At first a couple of crows would answer. Then more. Then more. The sky was sprinkled with crows coming in from all angles, all of them yelling at us. Within 5 minutes, there were 50+ crows flying over our house. It was incredible!



Ken put him back in the tree, and had positioned our wildlife camera on him so we could keep an eye on him. At around 5:30, the crow ended up using the wind and his determination to coast over to Mike’s roof. He then did it again, and ended up on the roof next to that. The boys were outside playing with Anthony (this is the good neighbor kid) so we told them to just keep an eye on him to make sure he didn’t fall off. At some point, Bobby comes running in saying that there was another crow with it, shoving his beak down the baby’s mouth. YAY!!! Yes, the baby was being fed. This was a huge victory, and we were quite thrilled at this. Baby crow will be ok.



It is a real shame that I have to be at work tomorrow. The school apparently recognizes parents who go above and beyond in helping out the school. They have a breakfast for them and the teachers can nominate people for this. Ken and I were selected and invited to this breakfast! YAY! It is pretty cool, and I wonder if I should maybe go just because I do really love the school. I am shocked at how loyal I am to it. I have enjoyed most of my experiences there and I know we have another 5 years of being there, so I want it to be even better. So perhaps I will go.



My hair is finally recovering. Actually, it is doing quite well considering the shock I put it through. The newer hair is really nice and growing in well. There is a section that is clearly the part that we fucked with, and I am slowly trimming parts of that off as we go. I actually have considered doing a fun bob just for the hell of it. My hair grows crazy fast and it is summer time so it would make some sense. I may consider it when I do the next color. The pink, although fun, is not as happy making as the purple was. Man, that purple was awesome. LOL! I am looking forward to the deep red.

It is our last practice tonight. I am a little bummed, only because most of these kids are good kids and I will miss them. I wonder how many of them will end up signing up for the fall. I know a couple did, but I do hope more do. The boys and I will ride up to practice and meet Ken there. Our last game is Saturday, with the team party directly after. We have trophies that will be picked up tomorrow night. Someone is bringing cupcakes and we will have pizza. I may hit up the Dollar Tree or something like that for drinks or little trinkets for the kids.

This was Ken and my first official coaching. Sure, we both were assistant coaches for the last fall season, but we were not in charge. Ed had me do a lot, but I made sure he decided who was in and who was out. Ken did a ton at practice, but Matt was certainly in charge. This was Ken and I, doing this as a team. It was pretty cool. I am looking forward to doing it for the fall. It will be interesting to see what happens the following year since Dax will still be in U8 whereas Bobby will be in U10. This is of course if he decides to keep going. He may opt to do something else. They both might. One never knows.


I need to video Dax jumping rope. He is amazing at it.

Today I am going to clean up NAG’s desk. She is out for the next two days, making me her backup. Yesterday I got a call from a sales rep about an application sent in 2 months ago that had not been set up yet. It was just sitting in her pending file, nothing having been done on it. Not cool. I am considering just going through that whole file and emailing everyone on each new acct packet there. I wonder if it will piss anyone off, but at this point, I don’t know that it should matter. It needs to be done.

I suppose I should get a move on if that is my plan.

No comments: