Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ittle's Piddles

5-10-12


Stupid window.

I noted how stuffy and hot it was in the playroom yesterday, so I decided to open the front window. I was at a bad angle and the window has never been easy to open. I managed to move it up a bit, wedging my left hand under it in an awkward fashion. That’s when it started to fall sharply. My ring finger got hit. It is only a little swollen, not enough to warrant concern or anything like an X-Ray. It just hurts, which sucks.


The boys decided to be crazy yesterday. From the time I picked them up to bedtime, they seemed to want me to go nuts. Dax whined on the way home. Bobby complained during homework. There were tears and tantrums over every little thing. It was not fun.

We sent them outside and told them to ride their bikes around the block. We had them do it like ten times. They were thrilled. I knew they had too much energy. I am hoping Ken gets home early enough today that we can ride to practice since I think that will be good for energy depletion.

Bobby has so much homework, but really, if he spent less time bitching, it would be done. Last night, he wrote me a note, essentially begging to be freed up to do the remaining sentences and book report tonight instead so that he could go play. I loved his approach, but I had to say no, which resulted in tears of epic proportions.


On a positive note, I started a new chapter book with them. I am reading The BFG by Roald Dahl. They are insanely short chapters, which was perfect for suspense. I read chapter one, knowing that since it was short it was easy to convince them it wouldn’t take long, and I also knew they would want more. They did. 6 chapters in, they were still engrossed. I assured them I would read more tonight. Yay!


There are only 2 more Spring League games for soccer. Unless the boys beg for it, I don’t see us doing Spring next year. It was just adding too much to our busy lives. Plus, next Spring would put them on separate teams, so I don’t need to add another practice and game time to this already crazy calendar.



The pool has been arriving in small boxes. We got some of the chemicals one day. We got the cover the next. It has been kind of cool watching the growing box of pool and the ever widening eyes of the boys.

Bobby told me he wrote about the pool in a paper yesterday and wrote under the picture: Coming soon in 3D! That kid rocks.



Nothing better than choking on hot tea in the morning. Sheesh!


I kicked ass on my workout yesterday. The machine said I burned 325 calories! Dude! I was practically walking at a slow jog pace and put the incline up to level 10. I walked for 25 minutes, reading my new book. I am looking forward to today.

Between Piddles the cat and Puddles the pup, my home is being inundated with urine.

No comments: