Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Being a Grown Up is a Pain


3-5-13

This week looks way too busy.

The house search continues. The seller of the place we like is just being a pain so we are moving on. I have been searching all morning online for places. One of the areas we are considering is over in the Wiseburn school district as my mom works there and says it is top notch. They are even getting their own high school in 2 years, which I like. It is in Hawthorne, but the nice part. I found one yesterday that freaking rocked, but sadly the seller took it off the market because they were able to do something with their finances to keep it. I am just going to keep at it. I sent a list to Ken this morning of places we should check out.

In the meantime, we are still working on our house. We have a call in to the guy who did our roof and we are going to see how much he would charge for some work that needs to be done around the house. Windows, kitchen cabinets and even the flooring in the front all need some work. Hell, we may even get him to paint. He was very reasonable on the roof so why not have someone else handle some of this.


Having someone else deal with some of these minor things will be nice if only because of how much crap I have to do even just this week. This week the kids get out of school at 12:30 Wednesday through Friday. I have a parent teacher conference on Wednesday. I have a webinar on Thursday in which I am staying late at work, which also means when I get home I have to hope I can get the boys done with their homework quickly since we have a board meeting that night. Oh, and Saturday is Grammie’s party. Sheesh! I am already tired.


My endocrinologist is still happy with my progress.  She seemed to really enjoy typing out “diabetes managed”. YAY! My numbers look great and I am doing well.

The nurse at the doctor’s office was very confused by me. She said I was much too chipper for having gotten up at 4, worked 8 hours, helped the boys with homework and was now at a doctor appointment at 4:30 in the afternoon.

The problem with house hunting is that I keep expecting to find new places, but sadly they just don’t update that quickly. I also think that lottery thing would be nice. How is it that the town I grew up in is so fucking expensive? Sheesh! Of course, it is a nice area, but still!

I am a little curious about these foreclosure auctions. I wonder if we can talk to our realtor and see how that works. At the very least, we may be able to get a list of them and we can go check them out. I hate auctions in general. I hate Ebay with a passion and although I got my kick ass Mustang from auction I would never do it again. Still, if we can get a home for cheaper it may work out well. We can look at several and figure out which ones we like and only bid on those.

Being a grownup is too much fucking work. 

No comments: