Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Maybe a change in venue?



3-6-13

Is it bad that I am searching for homes and jobs in Ireland?

Ok, don’t freak out yet. We have not decided to bail, um, yet. But I gotta say, the US is not impressing me and if I am going to move out of LA, why not move to a place I really loved? In truth, the one thing that keeps me where I am is my job. I have a kick ass job. No, it doesn’t make tons of dough, but it does give me a ton of freedom. Even the most stressful day at work is well worth it when you look at the big picture. 

I get to leave at noon the next three days. In reality, that isn’t all that early since I leave at 1, but it does mean I can help the boys with their homework and get it all done before things like tomorrow’s board meeting. Today I will end up being at the school from 12:30 until probably 1:30 or so. The parent/teacher conference for Bobby is at 1:15. The boys will be happy since they can play on the playground. I will be a bit nervous simply because this is the first meeting with Ms. Jenkins since the big meeting last month. Ken won’t be there, nor will the principal, so that makes me worried. Then again, I have no reason to be. 

We went and looked at a couple of houses last night. We did find one that was cute near North High. The only problem is that it is a little small. The realtor set me up with their search system so I can look at live updates on houses. It will allow me to see if they are still active or pending a sale, which is nice. I can also tag ones I like and put notes for them to tell them we would like to see it. This is very cool, and may make my spreadsheet not as crucial. 

Ok, now I am looking for places in Colorado. I figure that is near Holly, which would be cool. I really should not have looked. I found so many gorgeous places for so much cheaper!! This place here is wonderful. 


I am pretty sure I am not going to get much done today.

No comments: