Friday, March 29, 2013

pool in a house?


3-29-13

Thank goodness this week is almost over!

After I found out about being outbid on the house we liked, I dove into searching again yesterday. I spent a lot of time looking into Hawthorne in the Wiseburn School District. I found a couple of places, one ended up being too small and had several bids already, so I didn’t bother with it. Then I found this place.





Ok, it is such a cool and unusual place. I actually really like it. Sadly, no yard. Sure, there is a front yard, but that’s it. However, there is a way the dogs would have access to inside and outside all day long, which is cool. It is different and large and in Wiseburn. The boys and I drove around the neighborhood and by the school and we all loved it. They really like the pool in the house. Yes, you read that correct. There is a pool, in the house. It is freaking odd and awesome all at the same time. Actually, the house has a “key party” feel to me, which made me kind of happy. It is this cute little house with this awesome 70’s style back put on it. It is basically the yard and garage converted into rooms and bathrooms and a pool. It works in a strange way.
The good news is that it is so crazy that no one is bidding on it. This means I have a smidge bit of time to think. I like it, but Ken is worried about the yard and lack of storage. However, there are ways to work with the storage situation (one of course is to get rid of a lot of our crap. LOL!!!). In all honesty, the main concern is he needs a place to have his Lego for classes. I am starting to wonder how much a storage unit would be. Or convert this one room into his Lego room. I don’t know. The thing is, he needs to go through all of his plastic blocks and organize them in such a way that it doesn’t take up so much space. There is a lot of Lego in the garage and in these bins that could be condensed. There is also a ton of stuff he doesn’t even use often, which makes me wonder about storing that stuff somewhere off site?

Since we don’t have to make a decision this second, it means we are able to look at another place in Torrance that came back on the market. In fact, this place has been put up, pulled, put up a million times it seems like. The owner is kind of selling it discreetly, which is fine by me. Perhaps it means he will be more inclined to accept a lower offer. It is on a Cul-de-sac, which I really like, so this will be interesting. If we like it, we will have an offer written up. We see this place at 2:15 today.

Once we are done with that, I am hoping we can come home and start in on coloring eggs. I look forward to that. It is messy and fun and as awful as this sounds, then it will be done! LOL!!!

I took my last antibiotic this morning! YAY!!! Mind you, it isn’t like they were awful or anything, but they meant I had to make sure to take two of these random pills, which can be a pain in the ass. I am still a little congested, but now I think it is just allergy related. I am also pretty convinced that some good old fashioned sleep would help.

My sleep this week has been crazy. What with house fires and Ken’s ref classes keeping me up till late each night and still having my normal work schedule, I am pooped. Plus, the stress of the house hunting didn’t help. The boys are also wound up from having no school all week. Ken and the boys took me to lunch yesterday and I took the boys in the office with me after. This was at noon thirty. These kids were chatter boxes from noon thirty until 8 when they finally went to sleep. Sheesh! I had a limited buffer, too, since Ken was not with me much of the time.

I am at a loss this morning. Dax is still wearing pull ups. I am not concerned since Bobby took some extra time getting dry at night, and my understanding is Ken as a kid also had issue. I also know their cousin had issues, so it clearly runs in the family. He is also a boy, and really, only 6 so no real cause for concern at this point. However, then last night happened.

They had been in bed maybe 10 minutes when Dax comes out and tells me there is a wet spot on his bed from yesterday that is bothering him. I go in, and I see what is clearly fresh pee. I was concerned at first that Ittles had made some kind of rude statement. It was not cat. It was Dax.

Poor kid broke into tears saying he just can’t hold it, which makes no sense. I have seen him during the day be fine with peeing. He is the first to say when he has to go. He also tends to be able to hold it when I tell him he needs to wait until we get to a bathroom. He wasn’t anywhere close to being asleep last night, and yet he peed the bed. What is even stranger is that he was in pullups. These things are designed to hold buckets of piss. Why then was there pee on the bed??? I am confused and frustrated. I have tried the pee alarm that worked well for Bobby. Sadly, when Dax does pee at night, he sleeps through the alarm. I am considering having him sleep in underwear since perhaps the more wet feel will wake him quicker. I don’t know what to do. It is very upsetting.

I need a vacation.

No comments: