Thursday, March 28, 2013

No house


3-28-13

Sadly we will not be living in the cute house where a WWII vet spent his life.

We were out bid by $30K. It sucks on many levels, but that being said, I knew it was too good to be true. It was really a fantastic house. I have prepared myself to be disappointed several times in this whole process. It will be hard since I have to search through crap to find the one gem. Then, once I find said gem I have to really sell it to our financers. Then there is the horrid waiting game. It isn’t a fun process, but hopefully it will all work out in the end. I gotta stay positive.

The boys got their wonderful Zombie Jesus Day baskets from Andy, Scott, Grandma and Grandpa Brenan yesterday. Holy fuck, they outdid themselves. Fully zombie themed, and fantastic! Zombie hats, kick ass zombie dolls, and even zombie books! I have to admit I was a little bummed when the baskets were also accompanied with zombie chocolate bunnies since they have one of those in the baskets the bunny is giving them, but I am ok with it being in the more appropriate basket.




I hard boiled 3 dozen eggs yesterday for coloring. I think the plan is to color them today, but a lot depends on what time Ken gets home. We may need to work on them Saturday night. I do love making the eggs. When I spend time hard boiling them, it is one of those random surreal moments in which I really feel like a mom. I mean, here I am, spending time cooking eggs specifically for a family holiday for my kids. It is really cool.

Ken is bringing the kids to me today right before I am done at work. I am then taking them to Target. I feel so off when I get home during days where they are already home. There are kids running around in our yard and it is already chaotic. I feel like I forgot something!

Last night I had a dream in high school. Normally that means I am thinking too much about something. I didn’t forget any classes this time. Instead, it was a different scenario. I was with some chick who I guess was kind of like the really popular girl. She convinced me that we should go to school in a not cute outfit, and that we would then change in the bathroom when the bell rings into really stylish clothing. I don’t know why her reasoning was sound, but I felt very awkward, so I went along with it. We went into the bathroom to put our bags in there and headed back out to wait for the bell. I left my shoes in there, which makes no sense. The bell rang and we went back to the bathroom and there was now a hall monitor who wouldn’t let us go in there. So I was sitting there, barefoot, in ugly clothing, and now late for class. I was very upset. I then found Ken, who was on a skateboard. I don’t think we were dating or anything, but he seemed so freaking cool. He took my hand and we left the school. It was kind of romantic. Strange, but romantic. Mind you, these dreams were not influenced by any sleep aids. LOL!!

No comments: