Wednesday, March 20, 2013

diagnosed


3-20-13

First day of spring and I am treating myself with a bottle of antibiotics for my sinus infection.

The good news is I have only taken 2 pills so far of my Doxycycline and I have noticed a difference. My face no longer feels like someone punched me. When I went and saw Dr. O’Bryan yesterday she even noted the puffy under my one eye. The good news is that she said it wasn’t too bad in my lungs and not in my ears at all. She said this stuff should clear it right up, so yay!

While at the doc, we also made some additional appointments. She was quite thrilled with my endocrinology test results. She wants me to come in June and we will do a wellness check along with my Pap. I mentioned my shorter cycles and she said that is nothing to worry about since I am not bleeding gobs each time. She said it just means I am ovulating and it may have to do with me getting things like my sugars back in order. Plus, she said my kidney function is awesome! Woo!! I also made arrangements for my referral for a boob squishing as a follow up to the scary nipple discharge adventure last year. I am getting a lot of work done to hopefully keep me well.

I was happy to have a cause to my misery. It is amazing how much better than can make you feel. I was worried I was just being dramatic, but in reality this cold/sinus infection apparently has been quite common for people lately so she said not to worry.

I was able to go to the boys’ Open House last night, which was super happy making. I loved seeing all the artwork they have done. I am anxious to get some of it home so I can scan it all in. Some of it is truly remarkable. There is this one drawing of a fish that Bobby did that has the fish actually facing you with his body twisted a bit and it is amazing! Dax’s printing is improving and Mr. Williams talked about what a great kid he is. Both of the teachers told us and my parents how much they adored the boys so this was all kinds of good.

We go look at a place tonight that hopefully has some promise. It is only 2 bedrooms, but it is a large lot, so hopefully the house itself is good sized. I have a feeling it will not be great, but it doesn’t hurt to look.
This Saturday has our first registration event for AYSO. Thankfully it is quick and should be a little more fun. It is only volunteers and coaches and people like that, and it is only 2 hours. It means I can get things all organized on my paperwork. I am good with this.

I ordered my new computer last night. I am pretty excited. It is actually small enough, too, that I can take that to registration (not this weekend since I don’t think I get it in time) events, which will make entering everything so much easier. I am very happy! It also unclutters a lot of stuff along with allowing me to have all of my data on one machine. Yay!

No comments: