Friday, March 1, 2013

no go


3-1-13

I am telling Ken to pull the plug on the house.

Don’t get me wrong. I still love the place. However, the seller sounds wishy washy and I honestly don’t need to deal with that along with the slack I am hearing from the Compound regarding certain things. I have now upped my efforts on searching homes. I have also expanded the area. I have a couple of prospects in Lakewood and a couple in Long Beach by Minnie Gant Elementary School. This is a school I know and trust. I also like the area.

I started working on my desk. I was shocked at how organized I actually am already. I have a folder with my pay stubs dating back to 2010. I managed to sort those a bit better. I also decided to give each animal their own folder instead of all of it in one. I put a lot of kid keepsakes in one box, which makes it easy to store. That being said, I already have a couple boxes of this stuff that has room, so I may move it into those boxes.

This weekend, along with cleanup and packing, we are going to go look at homes. I need to charge up the boys’ iPods because I know they will be bored. I also need to distract Dax since he bursts into tears whenever I tell him we are selling our place.

I also, in a slightly drunken rant, explained to Ken that he needs to help me more. I pointed out that I am doing the bulk of everything and am turning to drugs and booze to cope, which isn’t good for anyone. He agreed, but I am still a bit frustrated.

This marks the first homework packet that Bobby turned in in which I didn’t have him do everything. I had him do only 4 days worth of homework, too. I didn’t make him work on the weekend, and ultimately I would say we spent about an hour each day. Not too bad, especially since some of this was dinking around. I made him do mostly sentence structure since it is the one thing he needs work on. It seemed to be a good compromise for now.

Dax punched a kid in the nads yesterday. Sigh.

I feel like a rebel since I am currently parked where I am not supposed to be. I guess someone will yell at me, but for now I don’t feel like dealing with it so I am just going to stay there.

The other thing on the agenda is clearly picking up one of those lottery tickets I hear so much about. Apparently you can win like a shit ton of money. Perhaps I should give it a whirl?

No comments: