Monday, June 22, 2009

Cause that's what we need, puppies

6-22-09

Apparently I was too chipper this morning. As I was walking to my desk this morning, my shoe broke. Mind you, the shoes I was wearing? The same shoes that took a fucking month to get. So I am barefoot at work (it only just turned 6 am) and kind of annoyed.

Aside from that hiccup, my weekend was good. Friday was the first night of the “no milk in bed” rule, and for Bobby this also extended to only one glass of fluids right before bed, and nothing more till morning. Friday and Saturday went great! Both were also pretty tired. With Dax, I stopped doing “play” after story and instead have taken to singing to him, which causes him to curl up with me and snuggle, which rocks, and seems to relax him. Bobby was just so tired, he couldn’t fight with us. They both slept well, and Dax’s normal puddle of pee in the bed from him punishing his diaper with all the fluids was gone. It was great!

Friday night we ended up watching all of Disc One of season 2 of HIMYM. It was cool. Sure, we got to bed late, but we had a lot of fun. It also fueled a craving, which we opted to take care of Saturday night in the form of going to Islands for dinner. It was yummy, although Ken did say the craving was better than the cure. We enjoyed ourselves and had a good Saturday night.

Saturday, Ken had birthday parties, so the boys and I were on our own. We went to Target to get dad’s day presents. Pretty uneventful over all.

Ken just called me. It is 6:12. Two puppies just ran up to him on our lawn. About 6 months old. He is trying to leave early, and of course, this happens. He already has to take the boys up with him to summer school to set up, and then he will be bringing them back to Maria’s, so he may at that point just take the pups to the shelter. Like he needed more stress. I told him if he needed me to call me and I would see what I can do. Tammy is out today, but if need be, I can probably come and get them. Or the kids. I don’t know. If he really needs me, he will let me know.

Sunday was less hectic than this morning, and yet I feel like we did more! Bowling, of course, then out to Grammie’s for some fun in the pool. Bobby was doing so well! He would hold on to two noodles, and jump into the pool all on his own. He was going under and yet still hanging on, and would pop back up all excited. Then he would do it again. Dax also braved up. He was doing a lot of jumping. He was unsure of using the noodles, despite using them in our pool. But I think the fact that he couldn’t touch the ground was making him nervous.

Last night, after the boys went to bed, around 8, I was out helping Ken with the trailer. He was heading out to take Brandy some KMR, and thought it was a good excuse to also take the trailer up to the school. As we were working on hooking up the break lights, I heard someone rummaging in our garage. I couldn’t tell what it was, what with me being on the other side of the gate. I ran up to the gate, and I could see through the slats that it was Bobby. I opened the gate and sternly snipped, “Bobby!” He saw me and ran back towards the house. I called him again, and this time he stopped, and burst into tears. Turned out, he got up for some reason, came looking for us and couldn’t find us. So he ventured out to the garage since the back door was open, and the light on in the garage. It had scared him that he had left. Poor kid. He tells me, “I looked here and there, and everywhere and you were nowhere!” I was able to calm him down pretty quickly, and he was ok after a glass of milk. So yes, we broke our rule, but I think that this was an ok time.

Dude on the radio is snorting hot sauce. So nasty! They are now trying to get him to do Lysol. Oh. My. God.

Someone stickered our cars. I was driving behind Ken, and I saw that he had the new KROQ sticker. So I asked him why he didn’t tell me that he had gotten stickers. He had not, so I assumed that meant someone just thought it would be funny to sticker his car. Come to find out, they put one on my window as well. Not upset, really. It is on the glass right below my other KROQ sticker. It is more funny than anything at this point.

It’s a shame we are not in the market for any new critters. Two puppies in our yard, Brandy has 2 week old kittens (which we had said since Ittles that when we get the boys their own cats that it would be cool to get such little ones again for maximum bonding) that need homes. It is crazy!

Ken just called. He has dubbed the puppies Google and Yahoo, since they are black lab pups. You figure it goes with our theme of search engine dog names (sorry, Lycos, you are no longer as unique!). Ken said they are super sweet, kid friendly. The boys are getting a real kick out of them. Ken said that he is putting our name on them at the shelter so that in case they are not picked (or not retrieved from their owners) that they call us. Who knows, we may have more critters anyway!

Is it bad that there is a small part of me that would love to keep them?

MaryAnn is going to see if she can return my shoes and get me either replacements or credit. I am cool with this. I can no longer pretend to have shoes, though. So I guess I am barefoot. I would run home to get shoes, but why bother right now. Hopefully I don’t get some meeting all of the sudden. I can’t even really go home since there is no Tammy AND no Vicki now. Jim gets pretty pissy when there are multiple people missing.

Ok, just talked to the shelter. If Google and Yahoo are not claimed or adopted by Friday 8 am, we will need to come and get them.

Oh! Couple thoughts.

Why in the fuck do people watch golf? Ok, that’s fine, they like the sport, but let’s take it a step further. Who the fuck watches it in high def????? Apparently folks in Manhattan Beach.

I went on a rant last night concerning the Blur Fairy from Pinocchio. I think she is a whore (Ken actually now wants to make me a bumper sticker that says so). At the very least, she is a tease. I was pointing out that she goes and puts this puppet in the world with no training, appoints a freaking cricket to watch over him, and doesn’t do a whole lot for him. Sure, she bails him out once, and turns him to a real boy, but it doesn’t seem like a fair test for this puppet. Second, what the hell does poor Jiminy get out of this? He is clearly smitten with this blue chick (not to be confused with Smurfette) and she kinds of flirts it up with him so he takes the job of conscience, then in the end, all she gives him is a fucking ribbon? How about a quicie, lady? Shoot, damn cricket risks his life for a damn puppet and you can’t throw him a bone? Oh, and don’t even ask how I got on this whole topic. It will actually make this whole paragraph make less sense.

F this song, btw

My eyes are open wideAnd by the way, I made itThrough the dayI watched the world outsideBy the way, I'm leaving outTodayWell, I just saw hailey'sComet shootingSaid why you always runningIn place?Even the man in theMoon disappearsSomewhere in theStratosphere

How in the fuck did you just see Haily’s Comet??????? You stupid fuck. Last it came around, I was in like the 5th grade, and we were taught that it only comes around every 76 years, so I am thinking we won’t be seeing it for a bit. I know, totally random to be annoyed with this. Actually, it is very Ken of me. I found myself getting slightly annoyed at the mention of iPods and something else that is the wrong time span on How I Met Your Mother. Because if I am understanding correctly, this was taking place in the late 90’s. I could be wrong. If I am not, then you can understand my annoyance at it. Or not, since you may think I am uber nitpicking. LOL!

My schedule is all off today. I am used to getting a phone call from Ken right about now (9:30) for the morning check in. But since he has class so early, plus I talked to him several times this morning, I don’t anticipate said call. I am thinking of sending him a text to bring me some shoes when he is done with class.

I have had Revolution stuck in my head since yesterday.

My hair doesn’t look red anymore. I think the combo of pool and sun has left me a brunette again. It wasn’t a perm color, so I am not shocked. But it does mean I may go back to it. Not now, as I can’t do that to my hair again. The time of coloring my hair like every couple of weeks with different colors is long gone.

Is it irresponsible to get two puppies? In all fairness, they would be uber loved in my house. They have gobs of back yard, and two little boys that would just eat them up. 3 of the cats would tolerate it. Monarch might be pretty annoyed. He already can’t stand Lycos. Granted, Lycos isn’t super fond of him, either. However, two pups might prove to be useful minions for my cat. Pros: boys would have their own pet. Lycos would have dogs to play with. They would be fun. Cons: Money, current critters won’t like, kids might get bored, money, where exactly do you store 3 dogs when you are out of town? It is a lot of critter (it would actually mean we have an almost even ratio of dog to cat). I mean, 2 more cats compared to two more dogs is truly night and day. I have never thought of myself as a multidog household. And I am pretty sure I would draw the line at 2, so adding it up to 3, well, that is a real life pack. Do I really have time for obedience training? I am a bit of a stickler on that. Where would they sleep? Lycos has a crate in our room. Add two more dogs, and dude, we have a lot of dog! Plus, they are labs, or probably a mix. Lycos is a medium dog. We lucked out in her sizing. She isn’t more than 50 pounds. If these two are real labs, or mixed different, and they are boys, we are looking at a potential of 90 plus pound pooches. Plus, I can safely say we would never hear the end of it from parental units. No, that last one isn’t a deciding factor, but I get harassed enough on certain things, I don’t need to give them more ammo.

To dog or not to dog, that is the question. I couldn’t break them up (unless one gets adopted or something). I am not even sure I understand the rules, which is why I think we will go down there after work. She told me we have first pick Friday between 8 and 9. I wonder if that is that they are no longer held for their potential owners, or if they go on doggie death row at that point. I tried to ask questions, but the lady seemed busy, so I think it would be easier to go down there. Plus, I want to see them first anyway. I might not be drawn to them.

I really wanted a golden retriever, next. I was, no joke, looking them up at shelters last week. Just for kicks you see. So it would be funny to have two lab pups instead. If only I could win the lottery. This would not be a problem.

It sucks that it is stereotypically true that money will fix everything.

Yay Jenni!! Yes, random, but she knows why.

No comments: