Wednesday, June 3, 2009

rain rain go away

6-3-09

Ok, I may need to start using the phrase Awesome with Awesome Sauce. That is freaking fantastic.

Rough night last night. Bobby’s whining landed him in bed only seconds before Best Day Ever started. He was devastated, but after some talks from both of us, he settled in with his fate. We assumed it would go ok, especially since both boys went to sleep pretty easily. Boy, were we wrong

Dax did his first bout of crying around 9:30. I don’t know how many times he got up. I lost count. Bobby got up around midnight thirty, whining about wanting water. Ken took him to his room, but of course he still freaked out that he would not be getting a cup with a lid. This seems to be the big thing for him right now. So Ken left him, told him he no longer even got a glass of water in his room, that he would have to go get some from the kitchen. But he was told he could not come out while crying. So the screams from him went on for 20 minutes. Finally he came out with his little flashlight, went and got some milk (he had a glass in the fridge) and headed back to bed. Not fun.

Dax got up 100 times. My fault, really. He had been playing with these little Spongebob dominoes. I asked him if he would like a bag for them so I got him a ziplock bag. I didn’t know he would be asking Ken in the middle of the night to close it, 100 times over. At one point, I was going to tend to him, unaware of his previous requests, when Ken growled at me. “Don’t go in there. He just wants his bag closed. I have already done it 10 times.” Fair enough. So Dax screamed for another 30 minutes. I know they both screamed on other stuff, too. It was a long night.

The boss may drive me to drink my new margaritas tonight. He needs to cool his retardation a smidge or else I will go crazy. I did just tell a coworker that his stupidity is making me wish someone would decapitate him and throw him in the ocean. Yes, those are the words that came out when I was so frustrated that I was giving my phone the finger as I talked to him on something. He came in this morning and once again asked me about this mystery check coming in for this new mystery account. Did he have an actual name? Nope. Did he have an amount? Nope. Did he have any information at all? Not a chance in freaking hell. He needs to stop.

As if it isn’t a pain in the ass enough that the boss is on crazy alert, I have been in a new war of sorts with two other departments. It all comes down to how we process payments from credit cards. Each department has different access to the processing that takes place behind the scenes from when the order is entered to how the invoice is cleared to where the money is. It shouldn’t be as complex as it currently is, and despite many of our best efforts, we can’t seem to make this easier. The real problem, though, is that one of the people involved in all of this is a condescending bitch. She doesn’t seem to get that we all don’t see the same thing, and she gets agitated when someone from my department might tell her how we see something or how someone else in another department sees something. She tells us we are wrong, despite having no idea what we see since she can’t see it. It is 8:20 and I am so done with today.

I have opted on not being annoyed anymore. I know the folks I have been dealing with are ignorant, and I will just deal accordingly. I know, how very adult of me. I also know that it will only take one more annoying email that will set me off again, but for the time being, I will be chipper.

DAMMIT!!

It has been, and was supposed to be a nice normal Southern California day. Nice out, a little overcast, but nothing major. So Ken set out to work on the roof. There is a hole over Bobby’s room. Now, there is a sudden storm, showers predicted at noon. Ken is at the Wednesday class. Sure, I could run home and try to figure out how to put up a tarp, but like that is a good idea. Ken hasn’t texted me back to tell me to do this, so I am on hold. So I am willing it to not rain until 1. I figure that way Ken will be home, will have been able to put something over the hole and that way we are set. Everyone cross your fingers, please.

1 comment:

jennimac said...

So is the hole in the roof tarped or fixed now?