Friday, June 19, 2009

Fire

6-19-09

It is 7:40 and I just realized I have written nothing.

I am tired of feeling nauseas. I can no longer blame the gum since I have not chewed any this morning. I suppose my breakfast might not have sat right, but this is the same ick feeling I have had all week. And it is a different kind of sick feeling. My stomach doesn’t “hurt”. It feels a little bloated, but not by a lot. I feel this sick more in, for lack of a better description, in the bottom of my throat. Not heartburn feeling, either. It is distinctly the feeling like I have to hurl. When I think about it too much, I get my hypochondriac panic attack, which doesn’t give me anymore insight to the ailment. It always seems to go away, so I am not concerned, and really, it is minor overall. It is just annoying to feel icky.

We went in the pool yesterday, and it is cool to see the boys getting so good at floating with their noodles, and Bobby even is doing a lot without them. Sunday should be fun. I am hoping to get them both to work on the underwater stuff and maybe some more swimming techniques. I know I am not doing swim classes, but I figure getting them just comfortable in the water, and showing them things will get them closer to it. I may look into a class anyway. I just have to check pricing. Perhaps I need to look into that membership to the YMCA.

It started off as another bad Dax night. He was yelling for us a bunch. He was exhausted, having really only a few hours of sleep the night before, and then swimming last night. So I decided rather than yell at him, I curled up next to him for 10 minutes and stroked his head and back, which resulted in him finally drifting off. I don’t remember hearing him again last night. That could mean he actually slept, or it means that I did.

If only I could figure out what to do with Bobby. He keeps coming out of his room to “get a glass of milk”. My feeling is that he just does this to come out. The rule was one glass of milk that we kept in the fridge that he could come out and drink from, and when it was gone, he went to water. The problem with this is that he now knows he has full permission to come out. I told Ken last night that we have not been consistent enough. The new rule tonight is no more fluids after he goes to bed. We had also been taking stuff away from him, but right now, I think if we stick with this as a rule, we can go from there. One of the other things we need to do this weekend is remove some of the items near his bed. Basically, not just clean his room, but make it a little less awesome. He has too many cool things, including his own radio and lizard, so I am thinking that he needs to lose some things and maybe earn them back.

I may need to get Showtime just so I can watch Bullshit with Penn and Teller.

Ken did not take Dax today. I am not happy about this. I really feel he needs to bond some more with him. I am well aware of the fact that he attaches to me a whole lot, but it gets frustrating. Especially since I sometimes feel like I am neglecting Bobby in the process. We have a trip in August, and we were discussing seating arrangements on the plane. It sits 3 across, so we will each sit with a kid in a different row. No problem. Of course, I am sitting with Dax. I don’t mind. I dig the crap out of him and I get him since really, he is a mini me in so many ways. But I miss Bobby sometimes. I think if Ken and Dax bond a bit more, it gives us more options. Yes, Dax goes with Ken when they get out of the car and stuff like that, but I just want to make sure in a situation like a plane ride, they both like the seating arrangement.

I have decided today will be good. I decided this early this morning. So far, it has been good. Got payments from several customers, have found paperwork that was needed, just various god things. I got an email that something I had ordered was finally shipped after being on backorder. HIMYM comes today. All around good. I think I may tell Ken we need to splurge and do pizza tonight and just vege out. Maybe go in the pool a bit. I am getting quite the arm tan from my time outside. Even my cleavage is getting tan. I just hope I don’t peel. I hate that!

I seem to have forgotten how to swallow pills. I was never good at it. Mostly because I put the pill in first, then drank the water. Ken taught me that you put the water in first. Problem solved. I was able to not only swallow the one little Advil that used to choke me, I was able to swallow like 8 at a time. Ok, not that I am saying I have been known to take that many at once (there was a time) but I was meaning I could take my vitamins, a pain killer and maybe some Sudafed all at once. Now, I am telling you, just one vitamin, one I have taken forever, is causing me problems. I wonder what that is about.

The boss certainly is trying to make it a craptastic day.

I just likened the boss’s lack of priorities to the difference between putting out a match and a forest fire. He often is real quick to piss on the match, but he just runs from the forest fire.

No comments: