Monday, June 29, 2009

mellow weekend

6-29-09

The celebrities are dropping like flies! Now Billy Mays is dead? It is crazy on so many levels. I can safely say I didn’t want to look at the news this morning for fear that someone else had passed.

Saturday was busy. We watched Sabrina most of the day. It was cool because even though she is so quiet, she did look excited to be there. We did a little finger painting, we did some splashing in the little pool, bubble blowing, and just general playing all day. Our original plan was for quiet time around 1. We were pretty sure no one would sleep, so we set up 3 sleeping bags in the living room and turned on the Little Mermaid. Sabrina used the potty twice (one pee, one poo) and then the third time (all within about 10 minutes) I wondered what was up. I took her towards the bathroom and she tells me, “Nap time!” I was surprised, but let her go sleep on Bobby’s bed. She did get up and check out the room for a few minutes, but then lied back down and fell asleep for a couple hours. I was in shock! I was glad she slept, though. Stephanie said she had been up late the night before, so with all the play and lack of sleep, I am sure she was beat!

We must have tired out our own kids, too. We ate dinner a little late, and instead of a bath, we watched Kung Fu Panda as a mellow out session. Dax fell asleep watching the movie, and Bobby almost did. I moved Dax into his room and he never once opened his eyes. Bobby crashed within 5 minutes of crawling into bed. It was a great sleeping night for all!

Sunday was super mellow. Bowling as usual. We got home after a quick jaunt to the store, and we did very little. The boys were still tired, and both napped for a long time. We even had to get Dax up at 4 since he had been asleep since 12:30! Bobby got up around 2:30 so he and I went in the pool. It was fun just him and I since we could talk, and I showed him what he would need to do to learn to swim. It was nice to not worry about anything else.

Dax got up and wasn’t thrilled about it. He wanted in the pool, but it took him a good 15 minutes before he would let go of his grip around my neck. We stayed in the pool for another hour or so and then went in for the night. Once again, pretty mellow, and a good night.

Of course, I am still tired, but that happens when you have to go to work. LOL!

Ken got me some humane mouse traps, so my plan is to set them up before I leave for the day. I don’t see much poo if any at my desk. I doubt that the two caught on Friday are it. Mice reproduce like crazy, so it would make sense that there were more. Even if there are not now, I have the traps for future outbreaks.

I am on my new diet. I decided I am a fat load and I can’t deal with it anymore. I had a light breakfast, and am about to track down a snack. I have a light lunch, too. I need to do the exercise thing, too, but I think one thing at a time. I am cutting portions first, then let’s see where I end up. I would love to do a crash diet for this next month so I am down a bit for our trip. That would be nice. I would imagine some of the pool time is good exercise since I go in circles for a while. Not a lot of course, but every little bit counts!

The close is today, so my busy day is tomorrow. Although I am hoping to handle a couple of reports today. I always debate on doing them after the reports are complete, but I think that it doesn’t have any real bearing on a couple of things I need to run. So perhaps I will get those out of the way.

We may be going to the Redondo Pier area to watch fireworks on Saturday. My folks went to the area near there last year and said it was good. I just worry that the kids will be bored. But I think we will figure something out.

Concerts in the park started up, and Backbeat is playing in August. We are so there!!

I am freezing. I may need to put on a jacket!!

I just set two of my humane mouse traps. I may set another one on Esther’s desk since I know she gets the droppings, too. I don’t really know where we will release them once we catch them. The park?

I need a freaking nap!

MaryAnn is being stupid this morning. She just asked me how to check orders, despite her having been here 20 years.

Apparently I missed quite the debacle on BET last night. They had their awards show that was supposed to pay tribute to MJ. I opted to not watch since I was sure I would be annoyed. Tammy said it was more annoying than she can even describe! It re-airs on Tuesday, so I will have to watch. It was tacky, poorly put together, and by all accounts, just plain wrong. Why make an awards show a tribute show to someone not winning an award? It isn’t fair to the artists winning. It isn’t fair to the person you are celebrating. Why not wait a week and do it up nice?

So my mom’s criticism of my lakers piece was that if I wanted it published in the papers, it had to be funnier. More wit and sarcasm. Not that it wasn’t written well, but as she pointed out, more people would rather read me slamming them in a comical way then the obvious. So more sarcasm, huh? I think I can manage.

I have a band-aid on one thumb and my pointing finger on my other hand. Typing is hard.

Friday may be a rare day in which Ken and I have off, and the kids have daycare! If this is the case, we might go see a movie. Perhaps the Hangover? Of course, it will be one of those days that Maria decides to take off, so in that case, we will do some family stuff. Thursday, I think that the boys and I will go up to Ken’s summer school with him and check it all out. Then after, we would go to the museum to see the dinosaurs. Should be fun!

Based on how hot today is supposed to be, I have a feeling pool time is in order when I get home. We can BBQ our steaks and make sure the backyard is all clean for the gardeners, so it is a good excuse.

I like to give the boys a bath every day, but I wonder if we need to with the pool time every day. They aren’t “dirty”.

I think I on the verge of starting. Probably the worst time ever to start a freaking diet.

I don’t know why I am so sleepy. I really am having problems concentrating.

Bobby has decided that he really likes the new Green Day single.

Watched the rest of the 2nd disc of HIMYM, loved it! I think we actually have some episodes that we have not seen on this next disc. YAY! It looks like we have 2, maybe 3 we have seen, but then like 4 we have not! Plus, I sent my other disc back, so I get disc one of season 3, so we will be set. I am so jazzed.

No comments: