Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Only a few more hours!

6-10-09

Yay! Last day of work before my 4 day weekend. I am very jazzed. I am also super tired!! Don’t know why, but perhaps it is just the accumulation of lack of sleep every day. Even though I am considering taking the boys to get donuts tomorrow morning, I may still take them to Maria’s if only to allow me a good nap.

This afternoon we are going to see Monsters Vs Aliens, and I am very excited. I think the boys will really have fun, I think we will have fun, and it will be a great day. When I get home from work, I will need to prep. I may change purses so that I can pack their sandwiches and drinks. Ken said he thinks he saw that hot dogs were only a dollar, so he and I are just going to eat that. Plus, we may need to get the boys some movie candy just for the whole experience.

Today will be hellish is my guess. I am covering for Tammy while she is out, and when she is out, the boss needs to pick on someone else and their accounts. You know it is a long day when I emailed back to the boss this morning, long before he was due in, and he actually replied to the email from home. Not good.

I have a raging headache, and this uneasy feeling in my whole body. Don’t know what is up. I was hungry this morning, and I ate, but I could tell I wasn’t feeling great when I ate. It may be the meds I have been taking, but I doubt it. Nasal spray once a day and two doses of Mucinex are not going to mess me up this much. Plus, they are working and my month long cold/sinus infection is finally coming to an end.

Beach is on for Friday, and I am excited. A little nervous since you always hope your kids behave when they are with people we don’t visit with much. Plus, we are going around noon, and this means nap may not happen. Plus, we have dinner plans at 5, so it will be a long day for them. I am tired just thinking about it.

Tomorrow I am going to be in my mid thirties. Uncool. You see, I have been early 30’s. 30 to 33, early 30’s. 34 to 36, mid thirties. 37 to 39, late 30’s. I know this is lame on every level, but it is how my brain works, and let’s face it, super lame brain at times.

People just don’t get that sometimes even though you have a great idea, you have to make the boss think it was his idea. I have a customer that owes like $35K from last year. We have been “working” with him (which means we had sat by and let him promise every week he is paying) for a while with the hopes it will be paid and he will do future large orders with us. Me personally? I say send him to the attorney, but what do I know, right? Either way, he has some misc items on account totaling $1200. The boss suggested we write off one of the invoices (the other items are credits) for $1500. Me, I think they owe it and even if they don’t let’s wait and use it as leverage. So the boss calls and tells me to write it off, so I ask if we should also write off the credits with it along with this other small invoice. He thinks for a bit, then I point out that he can wait, and then he says, oh, yeah, I will see them next week, I can use this as leverage. So now, no right off. I am happy since even though I know it will be written off, he can in fact try to get paid on it instead of giving in to even more of this crap from the customer. It is fun to manipulate.

Why is prostitution illegal?

It appears that there will be no cake for me today. Perhaps Monday?

Wow, the boss just asked me to do a power point presentation for him. Cool.

Total surge of busy there for an hour. Neat.

I am trying to determine the logistics of the movie tonight. If I pretty much put the boys in the car when I pick them up, we can head over. We would get there early, but there is a Ralph’s next door that we can go play at for a bit. Plus, by getting there around 4 (the movie starts at 4:45) we can get a bead on how many people would go to a $3 movie at 4:45 on a Wednesday. I really hope we are like the only ones in there. I have gone to dollar movies like that, which are awesome. Jenni said the character called the Missing Link is very Dax, so I am curious if we will see the similarities, too, and start calling Dax Link or something. Hopefully Ken doesn’t have to cover the afternoon class for Aaron. Not that it is a huge deal, but it does mean we won’t drive together to get there. Whereas, if he was home from his meeting which starts at 2, by say 3:20 or so, we can all go together. It is such a shame that I am the type of person that feels the need to be everywhere early.

Is Denny’s still free for your birthday? Hmm…I wonder how many places are free on a birthday.

I think we will just go build Matt’s bear on Saturday morning. If we do it when the place opens, there shouldn’t be a crowd.

No comments: