Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm back and another year older

6-15-09

There may in fact be too much today!

Had a good 4 day weekend. It started good on Wednesday afternoon. We went and saw Monsters Vs Aliens. Fun little movie, and the theatre was empty. It was like 2 other small families, which was perfect. Bobby was glued to the screen. Dax enjoyed it, too, and had only really the occasional outburst of, “It’s Susan!” or “Giant tooting bug!!” The one time I was worried was about ¾ of the way through, when Dax turns to me very serious, “Mom, I want to go home now.” Luckily, I was able to convince him to stay, and he was ok the rest of the film. The boys overall gave it a thumbs up, as did Ken and I. So the plan now is to go back when Up is playing there. Stephanie and Sabrina will hopefully also be able to join us. It will be awesome! They even have dollar hot dogs, which I totally dig!

Thursday morning, I did get to sleep in a smidge, and got up when Dax did. We waited until Bobby got up, and did a donut run. Totally awesome. It became sad when we took the boys to daycare, though. Poor Bobby was devastated. He was going to have fun there, and really, I was under strict orders to pretty much sit on my ass all day, and the boys would have been bored with that. So it was best. I was able to watch a movie, some mindless tv, and vege out all day.

That evening, we went to Target (after bedtime, which was odd) to get a couple things, including some hair color for me. I went red! Ok, not super red. If Bobby had his way, my hair would have looked kind of orange. So we compromised, and it is a deep auburn. It looks cool, and it was the no ammonia kind, so if it sucks, it is easy to remove. I like it so far, and am slightly amused that no one has noticed it at work yet. Then again, my hair was still wet, and it has been crazy here in general.

Friday was beach day. We were supposed to meet Ed’s family down there around noon, but they never showed. I am guessing something came up. It wasn’t a huge deal since we still had fun. Brandy said that she had a missed call from him around noon, so I wonder if they had mis placed my number and were looking for my number to let me know they couldn’t make it. I emailed them, but have not heard back. I just hope it was nothing serious!

Friday night we went to dinner with my folks and Grammie for my birthday. We went to the King’s Hawaiian restaurant, and I loved it. It was so yummy! We are so going back. They even had PB&J for kids, and it was on this rainbow bread, which was so cute! Bobby wolfed his down, along with 3 rolls. Dax at rolls, and lots of grapes. He also picked at the sandwich, but he just looked spent. Long day at the beach will do that!

Saturday morning we headed out to get kits for the birthday party Ken had on Sunday, and we also hit up the Build a Bear store to make Matt’s present. The boys got a kick out of the whole thing and we got an Angels outfit for the bear. We also got 2 free beach towels (they threw in an extra since we had the awesome lady) which you know always makes me happy since I am a sucker for free crap.

Since we were at Del Amo, we went over to get the boys their free crap from the kids club there. Lucky for us, I have connections! I know the lady at the counter and she let the boys pick from all the prizes, not just what they spun for, so this was cool. Bobby got a little matchbox car and Dax picked this cute little duck that has been named Ringo and already graduated to bedtime friend!

Saturday afternoon was spent cleaning house. We cleaned out cupboards and threw out crap we didn’t need. We were very productive. Ken worked on the bathroom with the intent of getting closer to finishing the walls and then the floor. I worked on my spice cabinet and did other general cleaning. Bobby and I attempted the pool, but decided early on it was too freaking cold.

Sunday was Matt’s b-day and we went to lunch with my folks and him at TGI Fridays. Ken couldn’t make it due to the party. Such a shame since the food was yummy. We will need to go back. I had this yummy Jack Daniels chicken sandwich that was fantastic. Plus, the boys ordered outside the norm and Bobby ate his whole hamburger!! Dax picked at his spaghetti, but I was happy with that.

The afternoon was spent in the pool. It was nice out, so we all could swim for a while. Dax was doing so good! He was using the noodles to float with and was kicking just like Bobby, so that was way cool. Bobby is such a fish, anyway, so it was nice that Dax is getting more comfy in the pool. I am looking forward to this Sunday since we are going out to Grammie’s for Dad’s day and they will be able to go in the bigger pool.

My sinus issues seem to be better. I managed to sleep last night without nose spray. I took Benedryl, and also some of my generic Mucinex, and both seem to be keeping me happy. I will take that to mean I must have been suffering from allergies the last chunk of the sick time. It seems to be worse in the afternoon and early evening, which I suppose makes some sense. It is supposed to be warm this week, so we will see how it all goes.

Monarch has figured out he can get out of our house. We got home from bowling yesterday and he was sitting in the flowerbed. We brought him in only to have Bobby declare 30 minutes later, “Monarch is outside!” Once again, we brought him in. This time, though, we put this GPS collar on him that we had gotten on clearance (we were going to use it for the boys) and found out where he goes. What we couldn’t figure out was how he was getting out. Apparently, this one hole in Dax’s window was discovered and he had been using that as his own personal door. Looks like we need to fix that sooner than later. Luckily, he doesn’t go far, and he always comes back pretty quickly.

Now my day is going to be spent catching up on gossip of what took place while I was gone. The boss opted to take a vacation day on Thursday despite knowing that his second in command was myself were out. Apparently some report needed to be fixed and the CFO was livid that my boss was gone when no one left here could do said report. It is a lot of crap that I don’t care to get into right now since I don’t know the outcome as of yet. Perhaps tomorrow I will recap.

Does it make me lame for being bummed that work didn’t do anything for my birthday?

I am starving. My eating is off since I had been on vacation schedule the last few days. I had been eating way later in the day (I usually eat breakfast between 4:30 and 5:30 and I was eating closer to 8!) and now I am super hungry. Sure, I could heat my lunch now, but for some reason I feel obligated to wait until 11, which is when I always eat my lunch. Luckily, I have only 30 more minutes, so I think I will be ok. But I think the hunger has given me a headache!

Ok, seriously, I do feel sad. Getting stood up for the beach, and my work (who does parties if someone sneezes) didn’t do anything. Not saying that the people that did wish me a happy birthday don’t count. I loved all of that. Stephanie put the Beatles song on my FB, which rocked. I got texts galore from people. It was good! I just feel a little sad. Maybe it is like post partum. Once your birthday is over, you are sad the build up is gone. LOL! Well, I need to plan that slumber party and next year I should try to do something grand since I will be 35. Next year is a big year of biggies. Bobby will be 5, Ken will be 40, we will have been married for 10 years, and as I mentioned before, I will be 35. Crazy! Poor Dax. I feel like I neglected him in the list!

Like it isn’t bad enough that I am silly bummed over the lack of fanfare at work for my birthday, not one person has mentioned my hair. What the heck people? Don’t we know that I am an attention whore?

No comments: