Friday, June 26, 2009

other stuff

6-26-09

It has been a strange morning all around. Dead mice, boss out, everyone needing my assistance on things. Yet the day still seems to be dragging.

Ken went down to check on the pups this morning and spoke to the nice lady we talked to before. She told him that unless we claimed them at that point, they would probably be adopted out by the end of the day. This is actually good news! If they can get homes quickly, then we are set. It sounds like we have an unofficial date of Sunday to adopt to save them, so I think a family visit to the shelter on Sunday is in order to check on them. They will still be there since they won’t release them unless they have been fixed and they don’t fix until Mondays. It means we can say our goodbyes and make sure they have homes lined up. If they don’t, I guess I will be picking them up Tuesday!

I would so leave early today but with Jim and Fred out, I would be setting myself up for trouble.

I need to go by Target tonight. Shampoo is a must, finger paints and maybe some other craft thing. We are watching Miss Breena tomorrow, so I want to make sure to be a good host. We are going to avoid the pool. I get stressed enough watching my own kids splash around without having to deal with more crazy. We may do the little kiddie pool, but don’t know yet.

I still need to do some cleaning. With the Michael Jackson stuff, I swear, we shut down. We watched the news, read the net and went a little overboard with information. By the time the kids were in bed, I couldn’t watch another minute. Luckily we had HIMYM, so we watched a couple of episodes.

As much as I would like to stay up tonight and watch the rest of this disc of episodes, I think I need to try for some sleep.

I have been listening to K-Earth all morning, which is quite a change from my normal music format. I like most of the oldies, so it isn’t too crazy for me. I am glad they are not doing all Jackson anymore. I think I would have been burned out since despite liking a lot of his music, I certainly don’t like all of it. Jackson 5? I can listen to a lot. The other stuff, not so much. What is funny is that they really have mostly only played Jackson 5 with the occasional 80’s stuff. I wonder why that is.

So Ken filled out something for this cash for clunkers thing. It forwards info to a car lot that participates. Part of the program is buying a new car. These people at Norm Reeves have emailed me 4 times, and left at least 2 messages (they have Ken’s cell phone and he said in one message on my email that he called 3 times to that). What the fuck buddy? It has been 2 days. Chill the fuck out. I can safely say I would not buy a car from them if it was $1!

I am so bored! In 30 minutes I can dink on the net a bit, so that will help. And really, it will be time to go home very soon. I just wish it would hurry up.

No comments: