Monday, June 1, 2009

Woo Hoo

6-1-09

It is a good morning!

Ok, let me clarify, the morning is Monday, and I am at work, and the boss is back. I have a full 5 day week ahead of me. There are plenty of other places I would rather be. But despite all of this, I am happy.

Without getting too graphic, especially since I don’t know who reads this and who really wants to know these kind of details, but I would like to say that I had a fantastic evening with Ken. I will leave it at that for now. I figure if anyone is interested, I will have emailed with them about it. LOL!

As much as that made my weekend, we did have a good weekend aside from that. We got to do a Target run on Friday night, which is always happy making for me. Ken got me a new hat, which is a black bowler hat that is reminiscent of a hat I had my freshman year. I am super jazzed. Unfortunately, I am lacking in any good outfits that will go with it. Ok, this isn’t exactly true. I have plenty of clothes, just my fat gut isn’t having it. As silly as this sounds, a hat has inspired my latest diet. This morning I had a light breakfast of two eggs and a glass of milk. I am sure I will get hungry, but if I can tough it out through the first bit, it gets easier. Being sick isn’t helping, especially since I don’t feel like exercising due to my coughing fits and still being unable to breathe through my nose. So we will see how long before I can burn calories along with cutting down the intake.

Saturday was jammie day. Sort of. The boys and I headed out to Burger King (My diet started today, people) for a fun breakfast, in our PJ’s. We got back, watched a movie and chilled. We had to go out for a couple of items, so I did have to get dressed for a little bit. We had to get crickets for Leonard, and we got one of Dax’s birthday presents. We finally broke down and got the talking Bolt. I think I can manage to hold on to it until August. I think I will do a Bolt themed birthday for him. I see there are napkins and plates and stuff that are Bolt themed, so that will be fun. Of course, I will still be hitting up the Disney Store between now and then to see what else I can find for him with the whole Bolt thing.

We also went to Lowe’s for several items, including some roofing material, green board, and sand. There is a hole in part of the roof that Ken needs to go up and fix, the green board is for Ken to work on our bathroom, and the sand was for the pool.

We got back and Ken worked on some of our sprinklers, replacing some of them with pop up kinds. The boys ran around and we were all mostly mellow. The boys headed to nap time which allowed Ken and I to watch a movie. We have these two Netflix movies, one of which has been in our possession for something like 2 months, that are preventing us from getting the discs of How I Met Your Mother, so we opted to watch one of them so that we could get our new disc. We watched Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. I was skeptical at first, but it won us over pretty quickly. Super funny, and the spoof aspect, although cheesy at times, was really well done. The best part was when Dewey Cox meets the Beatles, who were played by Jack Black as Paul, Justin Long as George, Paul Rudd as John and Jason Scwartzman as Ringo. I was dying I was laughing so hard. It was brilliant. I put the movie in the mail this morning before I left, so hopefully we will have disc one of How I met Your Mother by Thursday. YAY!

Saturday afternoon was much of the same thing, with us playing out back and really just being relaxed. This carried over into Sunday, which was pretty much the same thing. We bowled, which took a lot out of me. Then after that, the boys played while Ken worked on some more of the sprinklers. The boys and I made some brownies, which was fun.

Sunday afternoon, we set up the pool. At first I was hesitant to let the boys in before it was filled, but it worked out better, actually. They were able to run around in the pool, and get used to the depth as it kept filling. Bobby really loved it, as he is such a water baby. Dax was enjoying himself a great deal, although we did have several pee scares. Luckily, he finally told us he had to pee when he really did and he was able to pee outside the pool rather than in.

After pool time, we had some dinner and the boys watched their Blue’s Clues (which has suddenly made a huge comeback in popularity with Bobby, which to be honest, has made me worried). Bath time was great as it allowed Ken time to clean out the hall closet, and me time to work on laundry. It is so nice that the boys can take a bath with us not in there (in ear shot, mind you). In fact, they prefer us to not be in there. I can see them from our bedroom which is perfect since I can do the laundry while still keeping an eye on them.

Sunday night, I stayed up later than planned in terms of when I headed to the bedroom. But Ken and I were messing around with Super Poke Pets, then looking at Lyn’s cancer web site, and even talking a bit about Spore, so next thing you know, it was 9. I was up a great deal later after that, but, well, that was ok. LOL!

My birthday is fast approaching. I assume 34 isn’t much different from 33. The plans I have thus far for birthday celebrations include dinner with the fam at King’s Hawaiian Restaurant on the 12th. Since I have the 11th and 12th off, I will come up with something fun to do. I might need to take one day to myself. Not that I have plans, but perhaps just me having some me time. We will see. It is next week, so I still have some time. On the 14th, we are doing lunch for my brother’s birthday at TGI Fridays, which is cool. We are probably driving out toward’s Grammie’s as she is meeting us. Should be good. I think Ken has a birthday party on Saturday if I am remembering correct. I need to check his calendar.

I should probably work on some accounts. My email is having issues. The server crashed this morning. It managed to reboot itself, but now it is having other problems. This of course makes my work harder since a great deal of my accounts communicate via email. But I may be able to muddle through.

My nose has decided to get all clogged again since my magic spray has worn off. I don’t like to use the spray unless I have to (which means sleep). I just wish I would get better already.

Dammit! Of course the day I start the diet, there is temptation! Someone brought in garlic bread. Lucky for me, I can actually get a small piece and eat it with my spaghetti. Although, it is now 9:15, and I am in fact starving. Not fun. I had a snack of some crackers I got from the vending machine (pretzels and stuff like that). 200 calories, but it didn’t fill me enough when I ate it at 8. I will hold out, since I know I won’t die or anything if I don’t eat between now and 11. I just have to be strong. I have gum, which I think is actually making it worse. Ok, it doesn’t help that it is nasty gum. I may switch over to the minty gum and see where that takes me. As long as I stop chewing by 10:30, my mouth should recover from mint by 11.

My email is driving me crazy! I can’t email out. I am sure there is email that was sent to me that isn’t getting here. Plus, it doesn’t even notify me when I do get mail. I am waiting for the inevitable announcement that we need to log out for a while.

So when Tammy and I came in this morning, we were talking about how Jim was supposed to be out at some point this week. We were speculating, but my thoughts were that he would leave early today and be out till Wednesday. Tammy told me, ok, I will let you run with it, even though she didn’t think it was the case. Just got an email. Um, it is creepy how much I can read this man. LOL!!

Have I mentioned it is next to impossible to eat when you can’t breathe through your nose. Reading a story is no picnic, either.

No comments: