Monday, June 8, 2009

coolio

6-8-09

It was a great weekend!

Friday night we did in fact go to Hometown Buffet. It was packed, but we got in right before the wait was about an hour. We also got the back room, which I prefer. Much more room, usually filled with families who don’t care about noisy kids, and actually, I find it less loud than the main room. Plus, the food was awesome! Look, I have enjoyed their food before, but they had some kind of teriyaki chicken and this rice that was fab. Loved every bite. The boys ate ok. The best part was I got Bobby to eat a lot of peas by bribing him with jello. The only disappointment was that the Bee Guy wasn’t there. Luckily the boys forgot about him and were having fun just being out.

Saturday wasn’t too bad. Ken was tired, though, having had to be up most of the night chasing drunk teenagers out of our yard. Apparently the boys and I slept through all of it. He and our neighbor, Mike, had hear the noise around midnight and were out front watching crowds of like 7 teens at a time walk down our street, then all scatter into the yards of our other neighbors, and then all proceed to pee! No joke! There is a house on our block that apparently is a half way house for teens. Well, they had a graduation party. Really, they apparently were pretty good. Police had been called for noise, but they did quiet down once the cops came. However, the staggering kids coming from the party, trying to get in our backyard to pee, is uncool. I told Ken he should have let out the dog, but he was trying to keep the rest of our house sound asleep. What was crazy, was Lycos never barked once! Or if she did, it was really quiet. Poor Ken, though. He came to bed finally around 2. Our one neighbor said there were two teens passed out in our front yard around 6 in the morning. That had to have been quite a party!

I got up with the boys around 7 and let Ken stay in bed for a while. They ate some breakfast while I searched the local papers for some goings on for D-Day. I figured we could hit up a parade or something. Instead, I found this kind of buried story of an open house for Torrance facilities. Specifically, there would be trash trucks there. My boys have themselves quite the love affair with trash trucks, as all little boys do. Any kind of large truck is awe inspiring for them, so clearly, we needed to go there.

We got there about an hour or so after it opened, which we determined was only sucky since we got less of the free stuff. But on the plus side, we didn’t have to take the shuttle having found parking right across the street. We hit up the trash truck first, allowing the boys to sit in the cab of the truck and pretend to drive. It was awesome. We wandered around and found the tons of different vehicles which included city buses, lawn mowers and most importantly, police motorcycles. The boys were able to sit on the motorcycle, wear the helmet and even work the siren for a bit. It was fantastic! It was especially great since just last week they were asking me if they could go on a motorcycle.

We left there and got them home to nap. Unfortunately, no nap actually took place. We decided this didn’t matter, and got them up to go ahead and get in our pool. It was nice out, but a bit cold, really. The water was quite chilly, but we managed. Bobby loved it. He is such a fish. Dax was less interested, and wanted out only seconds after his toes hit the water. So he ran around while Bobby and I hung out in the pool. Ken decided to suck it up and come in the water, which inspired Dax. Thank goodness, since it also allowed him to gain some confidence in his ability to walk around this pool despite it coming up to his chest. He did cling on to me a bit, but it wasn’t too crazy like last year. The four of us splashed around for a while and then when I noted the boys had slightly blue lips, it was time to go in.

I can safely say they passed out hard that night. Both ate gobs of chicken since they had built up quite the appetite. I think Dax had like 8. They fell asleep hard, which was great!

Sunday was long. I don’t know what it was. It felt like it dragged. Not complaining, really, but it seemed to just go on and on. We did a Target run after bowling and also went to 7-11 for Slurpees. In all fairness, it wasn’t really for the slurpees. It was more for the Bumblebee cups (and apparently straws!) that they had. The boys have taken quite a liking to the Transformers. They had been quite pleased with Bumblebee, but even more so now. I guess as they have gotten older, they have really been able to appreciate him more. We even watched the movie again.

Speaking of movies, we are going on a monumental outing. We are taking the boys to a movie! There are the $3 movies over by the Galleria that has showings of Monsters Vs. Aliens. We figured if we went to the 4:45 showing, we can pack sandwiches, they can eat dinner, watch the movie, and for that price, if we have to take them out, it is no big deal. Plus, it is only 90 minutes, and in reality, I bet they will love it. I mean, big screen, cool movie. I think Dax will be a little spooked at first, but we will see. I think I will sit on the end to be able to take him out it need be. I am quite excited about the whole adventure!

Friday, we might be going to the beach with the De La Penas. Apparently, their kids get out for summer break this week, last day being Thursday. Lien Thi (I am so spelling this wrong, I know) was trying to come up with something to do with them and mentioned this on Facebook. Ken commented she should bring them to the beach out this way, and Beach Day with the Brenans was discussed. I really hope we can work it out!

Ken took Bobby to the shelter yesterday. No, we didn’t bring anyone new home, we were actually turning in. This sweetheart of a pup was trotting past our house yesterday afternoon. I saw her, and I ran out to see where she was from. I was shocked when she ran up to me all happy. Total doll. We leashed her and got her some water. Dax was still napping, but Bobby was up. Ken took the pup and Bobby down to the shelter. Luckily, she was chipped. Yay! They have our phone number if she doesn’t get claimed. Not that she will come home with us, but it is nice to know. She apparently was not thrilled with cats. This would not be good for our household. Don’t know how Lycos would have been with her, either. Lycos would have totally been the dominate one, but who knows.

Ken showed Bobby all the critters, and all the kitties. Bobby grabbed Ken to point out a cat that he said looked like Ittles and one that looked like IO, so that is cute. He seemed very interested in his own kitty. He loved the crap out of the cats, especially Monarch and Ittles. Monarch is such a great kid cat since we have watched Bobby pick him up around the middle and drag him through the house, total toddler style, and he doesn’t care one bit. He will sleep on Bobby’s bed when we read, and to some degree, stay in his room. The problem is, he is my cat, and he won’t stay in Bobby’s room over night, which is what Bobby wants so bad. So we figured some day, Bobby could have his own kitty that would probably warm up to him since it could stay in his room as a kitten and grow to always be Bobby’s cat. Bobby is still a hint young, but we are now looking at next year at some point. We want a young kitten, since we want Bobby to be imprinted on this cat early on. We will start keeping our eyes and ears open for kittens out there, maybe even visiting some shelters to let Bobby really consider the kind he wants. It will be the first kitty we have acquired on purpose since Saavik, and even she was kind of a spur of the moment decision. Who knows, maybe when we get the Golden Retriever, she will be Dax’s puppy. Dax seems less thrilled about the cats, but he is a hint younger. We will see.

My cold seemed to turn into a sinus infection of sorts. I was feeling, and still am, pretty great, aside from this congestion. It is so annoying. A little after noon each day, my nose becomes solid. My face was even starting to hurt like when I had a sinus infection when I was preggers with Dax. I then wondered what I could do and I remembered seeing that Neti Pot thing. Ken picked me one up at Ralphs (he was there for some other stuff and happened to see one since we had just talked about it) and I tried it. First off, so many levels of yuck when that crap goes down your throat. But the biggest problem was, my sinuses were so clogged, nothing was getting through. Ken tried it and it worked, so that meant I was in bad shape. Although, after doing some reading, I determined I could do it as much as I could stand and the saline solution would help break it all down. I think it helped, since I wasn’t as bad yesterday, and my pain was not there as much. Today, no pain. Granted, the pain only comes when I get clogged, so who knows. I also am still probably function on the nasal spray. I took some Mucinex this morning, and I don’t see it doing much yet. Either that or it is and had I not taken it I would be all kinds of messed up. The question is, do I need to get antibiotics or do I just continue to tough it out? My cough only comes up when I laugh a ton or the drippies get too much. I finally have regained most of my sense of smell back. So really, even though it is annoying, I think it is getting better. I think I will wait a bit longer and see where I am at the end of this week.

My ass hurts. Ok, it is closer to my leg, really, but ouch all the same. Last night, as I went to lie down next to Dax to read to him, my butt was greeted by the hard plastic of Patrick from Spongebob’s head. I went down on it hard. I was so sure my ass was going to fall off it hurt so bad. I threw a little tizzy fit, and Ken said he saw a small mark right after. I will have him check it today for bruising. I didn’t see anything, but I may have missed it.

3 days of work this week. Will I make it? Oh, sure, I will. Will I like it? Not likely. LOL! No, in all fairness, it should be fine. I have some things to keep me busy. I have reports to set up, and some accounts to call. And depending on how they do things around here, I will have some birthday cake on Wednesday. So that is cool.

Pushing Daisies airs their last episode this week. It will be bitter sweet for sure.

I have been Twittering. I am not proud of this, but I do try to test all the internet communication mediums. Stephanie had told me to do Twitter like more than a year ago. We “tweeted” for a bit, but it became slightly tedious. Then with Facebook, I found that this actually combined my MySpace habit with whatever Twitter could offer. However, with Twitter blowing up as it has, I figured I should get on board again. I have posted a few days worth of stuff. Since I can’t get online at work until lunch, it is really only an evening thing if anything. If I get my phone plan upgraded at some point, then I could do it by that, but really, does anyone care that much about what I am up to? Hell, even though I am addicted to FB, I am pretty sure not that many people care about my status there. I would like to think they do care, which is why I post. Maybe some day I can move to that level, but until then, I will still dabble in the Twitter, if only because I get updates from Kevin Smith and stuff like that.

I found some presidential flash cards in the dollar aisle at Target, which has satisfied my desire to get the other ones I had seen. I want to get the boys looking at these and maybe start to know them. I know they can’t read, but it is still cool to know this. Dax now knows who the president is when you ask him, and why not get them both immersed in information. I need a map, too, so they can learn states. Shoot, I am horrible at geography, and I don’t want them crippled with my lameness on that.

Wednesday is going to be the hardest here. I think I will save my report prep for that day. Tammy is out, so I am all by myself in my corner. Not that we chit chat all day, but it is a little lonely at times by yourself.

We have determined what the boys are getting Matt for his birthday. We are going to go down and let the boys make him a Build-A-Bear. Every time Matt sees one of the boys’ stuffed toys from there, he messes with it, so I thought if the boys picked out everything from carcass to clothes, and they know it is all for Matt, it will be a fun personal birthday present. I am also getting him some gift card to McDonald’s (it is what he wants!) but this is a nice keepsake from the boys to him. Maybe we will go tomorrow. Don’t know yet. His birthday is Sunday, and even though we see him a couple times before his birthday, I think they should give him his present on his actual day. But I don’t want to wait until Saturday to get it. Too crowded.

DAMMIT!! I forgot to redeem my gift card from the Galleria! I need to look up the date on it to determine if maybe I have another day to get it. I hope I do. It was for $10! I am throwing away free money, people!!

Woo hoo! Been pretty busy for a couple hours, so this is a good thing. Still waiting on Ken’s call, which should have been like 5 minutes ago. Who knows.

The Patrick lump is really sore.

I still want a donut. 3 kinds at this point. I want a chocolate/chocolate cake donut. I want a white cake donut with sprinkles (I know, cake donuts are all pretty much the same, but I want what I want) and a custard filled donut, you know the ones with chocolate icing on either a round or bar (round is better) glazed looking donut. The last one is the biggest craving, but mostly because they are harder to find. Not super hard or anything, but cake donuts are always available. And not Krispy Kreme nonsense. Their cake donuts are lame, as are most of their products. I want one of those Asian run places that have no real name. Maybe as a treat, Ken and I should take the boys to Best donuts and get one there. I know it isn’t going to be the appropriate run time of 3 am, but I am willing to go any time.

I remember being at Best donuts not long after Ed and I broke up. Random memory, sorry.

Speaking of Ed, I was laughing at the idea of going to the beach with my family and my ex’s family. It is way not like that though, since in reality I dated Ed for all of 30 days back in Nov/Dec of 1989. Sure, a month in high school is the equivalent to being married 4 years and having a dog you now share joint custody with in grown up years, but I don’t think that this was the case. Especially when you look at why we dated in the first place, and then take into consideration how we broke up, really, it was about as juvenile as they come. So this begs the question, do I call him an ex? And what makes someone Ex worthy? I dated a dude in jr high for all of like 4 days, yet when I count ex boyfriends, I can guarantee I don’t count him. I like calling Ed my ex because despite our lack of any real relationship, he was always very nice to me (even if he may have said nasty things behind my back and vice versa-look there were some incidents at various stages of our lives!) and he and his family are honestly, like the cutest family ever. His wife is hysterical, and their relationship is so sweet. They adore their kids, and they are the kind of cool balance of friends, family and couple that all families should strive towards. He let her tase him on YouTube. Dude, if that isn’t love, I don’t know what is.

Besides, if I don’t count Ed, man, I am pathetic. That leaves me with two boyfriends ever, and I married one of them! LOL! Nah, not pathetic. If you find the boy you are supposed to be with and it just happens to be early on, what are you going to do? Look at high school sweethearts. So now this begs the question of soul mates. How are these so called souls split? And when they are scattered, how come so many end up going to the same school? Doesn’t that kind of give them a way unfair advantage? I suppose with all the souls out there, there are bound to be some that end up in the same city. And can you only have a soul mate if you believe in that sort of thing? And if you are soulless (I have met some), does that kill of a mate or do you then have an unsoul mate? I mean, evil still needs to love, right? Or do they? Too many philosophical questions for this early in the week. Sorry, it is how my brain works.

1 comment:

jennimac said...

Holy frigg'n crap girl. You write too much!! :-) I swear, it's hard to keep up with your blogs because it takes me forever to read them while I'm at work!! :-)