Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Had a meeting-this is posting late!

7-28-10




I feel like this has been “responsible adult” week. Monday afternoon I got the dogs over to the vaccination clinic for their shots. Yesterday I went to the bank and opened up my new bank account. What will today bring?



In all actuality, I am hoping that I actually follow through with that nap idea today. I want to get home and sleep for just a little bit. I am tired of being tired. Of course, I don’t see it happening since I have 100 things I really need to do. Laundry, some light cleaning, etc.



Today I have some busy work to accomplish. I am kind of dinking around as I am very uninspired. It is a 2 hour project that I don’t have to have done until tomorrow morning at 10. It also is a report that if something came up, the boss would deal with it being a little later. This doesn’t help the procrastination.



I hate that I can’t keep my eyes open. It is getting really frustrating. I get 7 hours of sleep. That really isn’t bad. It means my sleep isn’t good. I really need to talk to a doctor.



Bobby only has a couple more days of camp. After that, I would imagine he is going to get to help Ken with garage cleanup and Lego sorting at the house. It will be kind of nice to have those things done.



I think that I want to load the car this weekend with the computer waste and take it down to a drop off location. I want to get the driveway cleaned up so that when we have Dax’s party it looks nice. It means this weekend, which is a free weekend, will be spent out back working.



Why doesn’t lipstick want to stay on my lips? Is it a crappy quality lipstick? I have Maybelline, shouldn’t that be nice enough?



Dax is going to camp with Ken and Bobby today. I guess Bobby has Ken’s class in the mornings, so Bobby’s assignment this morning is to teach Dax how to build some Lego. Too cute!



I have a coupon for Hot Topic for 50% off of any regular priced item. I have $20 in mall money. I think I may need to go by the mall in the next couple days to see about getting Ken a new pair of shorts. The ones he likes are $42, so I can get a pair of shorts for like $4! YAY!



I have made a decision. It sounds morbid, but when you come up with a plan, it is good to get it in writing. Recently, I read this article of interesting places human remains have ended up. Specifically what people have done with ashes. I have never been a big fan of cremation. It always freaked me out a bit, but my practical side has convinced my spiritual side that rather than have my family spend gobs of cash on a burial, I would much rather them spend it on something interesting. Specifically, I would like my ashes to travel.



If I am lucky, I will live to a ripe old age and this will fall mainly on my grandchildren to accomplish, but whatever age I end up passing on, I would like my loved ones to celebrate me by going on a trip with me. I will come up with a list of places I want to visit. I would like a small portion of my ashes to go there. Whether Ken takes the trip, Bobby, Dax, any one of my friends or other family doesn’t make much difference to me. If you loved me, you should have a small amount of me to take me somewhere cool.



I know I won’t get to see the place, but by having people take me some place, it means that it will force them to go some place awesome. Maybe it will inspire my kids to go to London or just to see the largest ball of twine. I have to come up with a fun list and hopefully people will look at it as a way to pay tribute, and still have fun with life.



Ok, back to the living.



One10 has a bb sized lump between her shoulder blades. I noticed it last night. I was scritching her when I noticed it. Ken shaved the area and it doesn’t appear to have anything external to worry about. Of course, it does mean we need to keep an eye on it. She is about 13 years old, so some kind of cyst doesn’t seem unheard of. In reality, we have 3 older kitties we have to keep an eye on for those sorts of things. IO is 15 and Ittles is 9. Hopefully it is nothing.



Our neighbor, Mike, is in the hospital. Maria was with him all day since he showed up on her doorstep yesterday morning, pale and shaky asking her to take him. Turns out, he has pancreatitis. They think it is caused by his drinking with his meds. We didn’t realize how much he was drinking. He has 3 or 4 shots a night! He is on blood thinners and gobs of other pills. Plus, he had a blood clot in his lung just last week! Dude is crazy! And he keeps riding his bike when he needs rest. He just had surgery on his leg for some kind of condition. He needs to not drink, to give up smoking and to let his body heal. The hospital will allow that since that is a bad kind of pain and he will be drugged up. It will be good for him. Scary stuff, though.

No comments: