Monday, July 19, 2010

Tired, sore, and super happy!

7-19-10




I am exhausted and sore. But it is a good exhausted and sore.



We had gobs of errands this weekend including a trip out to get Lego for Ken’s party on Sunday, some groceries, and I know we went to Lowe’s, but I honestly don’t know what we ended up getting there.



Some of the prep was for my afternoon on Saturday. Stephanie and Sabrina came over to hang out with us. It was a lot of fun!! We went in the pool with the kids. They had a blast. Sabrina is almost as fish as Bobby is. Even Dax hung out in the pool, I think inspired by the fact that the water was quite warm, and his favorite people were in there.



Ken made us daiquiris with real strawberries, which was cool. They were quite tasty. I was hoping for a little bit more of a buzz, but thinking about it now, I found myself quite dehydrated later, what with drinking and sitting in the sun for hours, so perhaps it is for the best.



Stephanie and I were able to get some sunning in while the kids played, and they even went in the pool a second round while we watched from the side. I didn’t realize how late it was because it was such a good time. Stephanie and Sabrina packed up around 7! LOL! I know, that isn’t traditionally late, but when your kids tend to go to bed at that time, it seems late.



During the day on Saturday, we got an invite to go to this cool bounce place in Huntington Beach with Alyssa and Logan on Sunday. The boys and I headed out there in the afternoon for a 90 minute free bounce. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. Alyssa had told me that she took Logan to 6 birthday parties there last year. She said the free bounce is pretty cool.



The place was in an industrial looking area. It was actually in a warehouse looking place. There was maybe 8 other kids, aside from mine, Logan, and Logan’s three cousins. It was a perfect amount. The way it works is the kids go into this one room that had 4 giant bounce houses in there. One was a basketball one, one a smaller jump/slide combo, one with balls inside it and other basketball nets, and one giant 10 foot climb wall complete with two slides. They are in there for half the time, then the other half is in another room with an obstacle course one, a boxing ring complete with giant Dax sized gloves, a t-ball one with air powered tee, and the spider climb that was like 12 feet of elastic and tower that you had to climb up to a slide.



The first room was cool. The boys managed to do all of it pretty easily. The place had a “pirate” that was our helper, and he was great. He helped all the kids out when they needed assistance to climb things. Plus, he was not only helpful, he was super cheery about it! Who knew??



They really enjoyed the climbing one. Once they figured out how to do it on their own, they were up and down that thing a million times. I tried to convince Bobby to go down head first on the slide, but the only time he really attempted it, I watched him go down head first, holding on for dear life so that he really only semi went down.



Dax asked me to go up to the slide with him. I am sure this was inspired by this one cool dad who was sliding with his kids. The cool thing about this place was that grownups are free. So I emptied my pockets and bra, took off my shoes and went in.



My first fear was the inflated tube thing you had to climb through just to get to the climbing wall. I felt like I was going through a birth canal. I was sure that I would end up getting stuck. Luckily, I had determination to get through it.



I set out to climb that wall. It was straight up, covered in steps. It wasn’t sturdy, but I managed to go up the first part of it. Then you get to this point where it slopes a bit then up some more. No problem, right? Uh, yeah, this sucked. You could step up to a point, but I couldn’t reach the next set of stairs. You could lean against part of this one inflatable part, but I could not pull up my massive body to the next level. It sucked, too, since this was the last stretch before slide land. The one cool dad was sweet and tried very hard to help pull me up. But after 10 minutes of struggles, I gave in. Luckily Dax was not upset. I felt defeated, and I now have a goal for myself since I am determined to go back, and go up that damn thing.



Bobby played with the basketball thing, and did amazing! He has a hell of an arm and could toss the ball really well. The hoops were pretty far away, and he was making baskets. Way cool!! He was all proud of himself.



The second half was good, but I think I preferred the first room. The obstacle course, although awesome, was not as intriguing to the boys as the spider thing, which kind of was bad. It is a tough thing to climb. All the kids, even the older ones, were struggling a bit on it. Bobby did great, and was very determined, which I loved. He didn’t whine, and he just tried very hard. He made it up almost all the way to the top, and the pirate helped him up there.



Dax had more struggles on the climb, but he was almost as determined as Bobby. He tried very hard, but was frustrated. The pirate helped him out a lot, and he did make it to the top. Another parent who was in there also helped him, so he got to go down the slide twice.



Since that was not something they could really keep going on, they got a little bored, but I got them running in the obstacle course and playing some t-ball. Then, I had them go in the boxing ring. They couldn’t really pick up the gloves, but I told them they didn’t need to. They could just bounce in there. So they did, and that was happy making. They told me to come in, so the three of us bounced. Wow, that was gobs of fun. I ran around after them in there, and they were shrieking with laughter. I hurt from using so many muscles that I don’t use, but I had a blast. I have decided that if I win the lottery, I am getting one of those big bouncing houses for our house.



Ken did a fair amount of shoplifting this weekend. Ok, none of it was on purpose, but then again, we certainly didn’t call it to anyone’s attention. At Petco, we were getting some basic items and I found in the clearance section these doggie booties for the water. We had used something like this before with Lycos, but these looked a little better and we figured we could put these on Luna so that she could go into the pool without popping it. They were I think $15 or so. When we got home, Ken noticed we didn’t get charged for those. Oops.



Then we were at Big Lots to get some pool toys. They had these folding chairs we had been meaning to get at some point. They were $10 each, so we got two of them. Ken had them slung over his shoulder with the straps that are designed for this. Ken was also holding many other things. We went to the register to pay. As we were walking to the car afterwards, something told me I should ask if we paid for the chairs. He said we had not. Ok, no oops here, just badness. But seriously, how cool is that??



We are now flying up to the compound on Friday. Out flight leaves at 5:30 on Friday, so Ken is hopefully getting out early enough to get us there. He and Bobby may be able to leave at 1:30, which means that as soon as I get home from work, we will head over to the airport. I have to pack this week as light as possible. Fun!



It is Star Wars week this week at camp. This means all Lego is Star Wars projects. It is Ken’s favorite week, and I am sure it will soon be Bobby’s. They are going to be getting home late and tired is my guess.



It has been recommended that I take the boys to the OC Fair. I am now planning on taking off some Wednesday in August once Ken’s classes are done. We can go when there are less people and early so it isn’t as hot. The kids get in free, and it is filled with stuff to do, so it should be interesting. There are elephant rides, which make it worthwhile. The boys saw pics of me on one at grad night and they wanted to go on one, so this will be awesome.



With the recent annoying circumstances surrounding my closed Wescom account, I am starting to wonder if perhaps I shouldn’t just open an account with our other credit union instead. I figure we already have accounts there, and this still accomplishes me having my own spending account. It also sounds easier. I went online this morning to see about maybe setting up an account online at Wescom and they are saying there is a minimum $100 balance needed. That seems excessive. Of course, the people in the branch didn’t mention this, and maybe they could wave it, but they also told me that my work check for $40 would be held for like 10 days. Not that I needed access to that money right away, but a payroll check being held for 10 days for only $40 seems crazy to me. I am also getting annoyed with the gift cards. So, I think the new plan is to set up one at a place that seems happy with our business.



They are doing a segment of bad tattoos. Someone has a Captain Crunch playing the electric guitar on his butt cheek. AWESEOME.



It appears that when I had my meeting with the prez at work, he actually listened to one of my suggestions and implemented it! Our company wide meeting which takes place on Wednesday will have us eating lunch during the meeting, not getting food afterwards. YAY!



Stephanie and I discovered we have the same sunglasses. Mine do have the silly sparkles on them, but they are the same frame and everything. It made us laugh.



I am loving the locket Stephanie got me.









My only problem with this locket is that I will want to wear it every day and my other necklaces will get jealous.

No comments: