Thursday, July 22, 2010

New hats!!

7-22-10




My quest for the knit beret was successful. I found it at the Carson Target. It was not on clearance but I opted to pick it up anyway. I also found an uber cute pink knit cap that I am loving, too. I also found a super cute white tank top for $5! It was a good shopping trip!



After Target at Carson, I went home and picked up Dax for an outing to the Compton Target. We were still looking for containers for Ken’s work. While there, we found a dot to dot book for 90 cents and 3 caps for the boys on clearance. One was a green hat with SpongeBob for Dax, and the other two were for Bobby. One of them had Lego Star Wars on it and the other was a clone. Super awesome. When Bobby saw them later, he lit up and almost couldn’t speak. The words that finally made it out were a breathless, “THANKS MOM!”



I also got Ken a Star Wars shirt. He wears Star Wars shirts all this week for Star Wars Week at Lego camp, and he seemed bummed about most of his shirts being a bit faded. So I thought that a new one would be good.



I had planned on picking up Del Taco for dinner since I had a craving after Brandy mentioned having it for lunch. But instead I went home and intended on being good and making dinner. I texted Ken to let him know it was FFY and mentioned the Del Taco. He then offered to pick up Taco Bell, which is all kinds of happy making.



We played out back after dinner with some of the sparklers that Ken had found in operation clean the garage up. There was a point in which Lycos walked away from one with what appeared to be smoke coming from her fur, but I am pretty sure no one was injured in their adventures.



The boys went to bed and Ken and I watched AGT. We were maybe 20 minutes into it when I started feeling really ill. I was a bit dizzy and nauseous, but no stomach ache. It was very odd. I think I had been staring at the screen of the computer too much, so I went and sat on the recliner. The ick eventually subsided enough that I fell asleep. I am still rather tired this morning, and still a bit icky, but nothing serious. I do have a raging headache, so I may be taking some generic Tylenol soon.



I have opted to record my look every day this week. No real reason. I just thought it might be fun. I have also considered taking a picture of myself every day for a year. I love all those art projects where they do a picture a day. I could of course do a pic a day of the boys. But it is a wrong time to start that. What I am going to do for Dax is on his 4th birthday, I am going to take a picture a day of him in the same spot every day to show how big he has gotten when he hits 5. I may do the same for Bobby starting on his birthday.



I managed to pack all of our clothing for the trip into one carryon bag. I am so proud! I have not packed the ever important hair dryer yet, but I think I can still shove that in the suitcase tomorrow morning after I do my hair. There are a few more minor things that need packing, but my plan so far has been to limit it to one suitcase, a backpack for each kid, my purse and Ken’s laptop bag. So far so good!



Dammit! I picked up some new gum in my shopping adventures and I left the pack at home. Grr!



My hat today is getting rave reviews so far. I am super pleased with it, so it is a nice bonus when others compliment my style. I am liking this wearing white thing, too. I noticed that it really brings out the tan in my arms.



I had a strange parenting epiphany yesterday. I had gone to pick up Dax this week when I stopped to talk to Tony, the man of the daycare house. He had dug up some of his lawn and I asked him what the plan was as I was walking up to his door. He told me of the plans to fill it in with concrete. He and I talked a bit about how the city is lame and just standard grouching. I told him it sucked he had to do this in the heat of the summer. He then laughed and pointed out that he really was not doing much of the work that his 17 year old son was earning his keep. We laughed and the conversation was over. Last night it hit me. I had been conversing with another parent about having our children do chores. I was no longer the child that the parent was having do said chores. I was bonding over the mutual knowledge that kids are really little cleaning minions. It was a strange thought all around.



I stepped on the helmet of Captain Rex last night and I pointed out to Bobby that perhaps it should not be on the floor. I looked briefly and came across the carcass of the good captain on the floor. I went to put the helmet on when I noticed the poor man had no head! I pointed this out to Bobby who then says to me all serious, “That’s the bad news, mom. The good news? Well, I have all the guys in a pile over there and I know we will find Captain Rex’s head tomorrow.” Oh my goodness, he is growing up too fast!



I am looking forward to my trip tomorrow. It will be a whirlwind of travel and chaos, but I think it will be way worth it.



Ok, that may have been the best bad taste joke ever. Show biz beat mentions that Christina Applegate is preggers. Ralph then quips that it is too bad the kid will end up starving. This was a joke referencing her double mastectomy last year. I almost peed I was laughing so hard.



Ken’s colonoscopy is scheduled. Woo hoo! It is August 3rd. I am going to need to go with him since Bobby can’t just hang out in the waiting room for him. Although, I may hit up my mom to use that day as her hang out with Bobby day. Either way, I need to drive Ken home. Plus, you know me, I need to document the entire procedure. LOL!



I am actually bummed there are no photos of me in the hospital. I have been in there like a million times now, and yet no one has documented it. I need to make sure I have my camera in my pocket. It is my own reality show.



I hate my desk at work. When I lean over my desk for any reason, I end up bumping my desk and it ends up stretching out my shirts when it rubs. Of course, I know this isn’t my desk’s fault, but I have decided to blame the desk. LOL! I just need to not sit so close to the desk. I just moved my keyboard back enough so that it hangs over the desk a little so I can’t bump the desk itself.



Glenn Beck is going blind. I say it is Karma kicking his ass for trying to whip people up into a needless frenzy about crap. Asshole.



Look, I won’t get into a political thing here. At this point, I think every person in office from small town up to the president himself all needs to step down. I also think that all the people that are really vocal about wanting to be in office next need to go away. I would like to see brand new people in the office. People who have never had any experience in politics before. I don’t know that the jury system works, but perhaps the senate needs to be done the same way. We need to have each bill discussed by a counsel of peers. Let the people decide, not the retarded people that are doing it now.



Ok, I am done.



I hate the day before travel. I get all worked up about making sure I remember everything. Plus, I tend to over think (me, over think something??? LOL!) what kind of things I can skip tomorrow morning like drying my hair, etc just so I can get everything in the bag. It is getting to the point where I almost need to start investing in the travel kit. I can have a travel size hair dryer (or even better, I can leave one up at the Compound), all my toiletries in a bag that I can always just grab. The only problem with all of this is that my needs seem to change too frequently. LOL! I need to just chill.



It was a bad idea to get solitaire on iTty. I can’t stop playing it. Luckily it just looks like I am sending a text or something when someone comes up, so I have been able to hide it well.

No comments: