Tuesday, July 13, 2010

short and sweet

7-13-10




I hate mornings lately. I just can’t get myself to be awake! I sit at my desk and find myself drifting off no matter what I am working on. It is frustrating. I even have things like gobs of water, my fan blowing on me and everything. Hopefully I can wake up soon.



I am working on a couple of projects today, so this will be short.



My afternoon was a bust. I should have known this to be the case when I set out just based on the frustrating morning I had. Dax and I first went to the bank. My plan was to deposit this small check in my acct there. I don’t use the acct much, therefore it has become one of those nice places to put something like a bonus check into. I also had a couple of their gift cards that I didn’t know the balance of. I knew it wasn’t much, but I figured at the branch I could check on it.



We went in and I found myself frustrated. First off, they had closed my account. I guess when it was inactive for a period of time, and since they changed some things in May, they shut it down. Fine, so re-open it, right? Nope, they couldn’t do that. It would have to be a new account. Fine, whatever, let’s do that. In the meantime, can you check on the balances of these cards? Well, do you have a password? No, bitch, if I did I could check it my damn self on the fucking web site. She was going to have a password reset, but seriously, you can just scan the fucking thing? Nope. Fine. So I try to go do a new account and I just felt like they were discouraging me to do this, too. They were telling me my check for all of $40 would be held for 10 days. I don’t care! I didn’t want the money out right now. I was just putting it there for later. They kind of heed and hawed until finally I said I would just come back later.



On the plus side, we did get my pound of chocolates from See’s candies. I had a gift certificate for it, and being that there is only one local, we drive there. The lady gave Dax some candy, which he was thrilled with. He of course was incredibly charming. I am shocked he didn’t get more candy.



The evening was uneventful. We put away laundry, cleaned, played, etc. Clearly I got to bed way too late. Tonight I am going to aim for 8:30. The real problem right now is that Bobby and Ken get home a little after 5. Bobby’s classes are till like 4:30! So he walks into home, eats, baths and goes to bed. That isn’t right. So I want to make sure he has a chance to unwind, too. So their bedtime is pushed back a smidge. It is only 2 weeks of this, but still, it is a lot to ask of a 5 year old.



I figure if I can get this project done this morning, it means my afternoon will go quickly since I have this training session from 1 to 2. So off I go!

No comments: