Friday, July 23, 2010

In the air again

7-23-10




I am rockin the kicky beret I got today. It looks pretty good, although I am always worried that wearing a beret makes me look like Patty Hearst.



I managed to pack the suitcase with my hairdryer, so I only have my purse as a carry on. Woo hoo! I have not decided if I am going to take Bitty or not. I really don’t know if I will need a computer at any point. I figure all day Saturday is going to be busy and Sunday I should visit, so I think it is a good plan to not take it. I may have to hop on someone else’s at some point to check Facebook, but that is easy enough, even if I just use iTtty.



I am hoping to get out of here at 2. That will get me home in time to do another run through of the house and to be ready to go when Ken and Bobby arrive home. I may go get Dax right away since I need to get his backpack packed.



Yesterday I took the kitten to the shelter. He was pretty annoyed, but the guy at the shelter seemed positive of his adoptability. They didn’t have too many kittens there. One, though, was so cute and friendly I almost just did a straight exchange. LOL! I still would love to get Bobby his own critter, but I think it will wait for a while more.



Dax and I stopped at the Pedro Target where I found him some $5 shoes, and I replaced my broken sunglasses. They had some interesting shoes that Ken might like since that man is really hard on his shoes. These were on clearance so when Ken and Bobby got home from the school, we all went over there. They turned out to not be what he would want to wear on a daily basis.



I was grouchy all afternoon. Work people were finally starting to get to me so I was frustrated. Plus, Dax has been whining all week, so my nerves were fried.



Not sure if I already mentioned this, but it cracks me up so I will mention it again. Bobby keeps doing the lip, which is his pout face. I have been trying different ways to get him out of these funks, when it occurred to me what the lip really is. I looked at him and said, “Oh, Bubba, tell me about the shrimpin” in my best Forrest Gump. He cracked up. Every time he has done the lip since, I have called him Bubba. In fact, he has now even taking to telling me how to make shrimp! Cracks me up, and gets him out of the pout.



I enjoy retelling my story of the party plane with people. I just got to tell my coworker about how I got free drinks on a flight once going up to see Ken in Sac. Awesome! This comes up because when I printed my boarding passes last night, I found that there were 4 free drink coupons. WOO HOO!! I am thinking a couple glasses of wine will be good for my flight. Get this party started people!



It is going to be a slow going day. I am anxious to get out of here, so I am sure I will not be able to pay attention. It is also the last day of the month so it means my boss will be a little stupid today. I need to do this report for him this morning. I will get to work on it shortly. He drives me nuts.



That is bothersome. Our neighbor, Mike, seems to have gone missing. It would not be odd for him to not be home, but he would never leave for a long period of time and leave his back door open. He is the man who is always home. He goes out on his bike all over, and he has not gone to the desert (he goes to vacation) in a while due to his health. But since I got home yesterday, his truck was gone and his back door was open. Now, his garage is closed, which signifies he is gone for more than his bike ride, but it is all a little worrisome.



In the spirit of thinking about Patty Hearst today, I often wonder if I would have been a hippie or an activist or just some angry housewife had I been 19ish during the 60’s and 70’s. Of course, I would have been brought up way different, so my experiences that make me who I am today would not come into play. It is possible I would not be as interested the things I get excited about now. Plus, based on how I tend to like things from 30 years prior to the current time, I would have liked the 40’s. Hmmm…



Wouldn’t it be cool if the reason I feel so interested in that era is because I am the reincarnated soul of some dead hippie? LOL! It would be cooler if I was someone important. But I don’t know that I have done that soul any justice if that was the case.



Maryann said I look sexy today. Yay!



Rawr!!!!!!! Sorry, co worker annoying me.



Boy, if I can rock this knit hat, I may be able to get away with some other cute ones when it is winter time!



It is an annoying day already. I am hoping that I don’t get all irritated.



It smells like ramen in here.



What is more important; Justice or Money?



I wonder what people like Mama Cass or Jim Morrison would think if they knew about the things like fan pages and things dedicated to them years after they died.



Ken and I were doing our banter last night when I indicated I was “angry” at him. Bobby pipes up from the back seat and asks in a stern voice, “Mom, why are you mad at our daddy?” I explain that Daddy was making fun of me. “That is not very nice! Daddy! You be nice to our mom!” Awesome.



I feel very geeky today. I am actually wishing I was at Comic Con.



I think I may leave at 12:30. Or even closer to 1. It will allow me enough time to make sure everything is in order. I am traveling light enough that it makes me sure I have forgotten something.



I am about to be pissed.



Customer always pays way late. Has only a $10K credit line. Only just now sent me $500 for some items over 60 days. Still owes $3K. They had the gall to place a $200K order. I tell sales team not a chance in hell. First off, sales rep actually has the gall to just have arrogant dude in my dept to call them to work out past due. It took everything I had to not tell him to fuck off. I did say it was not arrogant dude’s acct. It is mine. Plus, even if all the invoices were paid off, they don’t warrant that kind of a credit line. He tells me it is good money that it came from the government. Can anyone say with a straight face those two things together? Jackass now called my boss. Found out that not only is he wanting the order, but $26K of said order is already delivered. Are you fucking kidding me????? My boss gets all nervous about me saying no. He just can’t stand up to a sales rep. It drives me nuts. I am this close to emailing the CEO. So fucking frustrating. Yes, noon thirty is a good option.

No comments: