Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My rice sucks

7-7-10




Dax has decided to make the last month of his 3’s into the month of whine. This kid has been complaining and whining and just bitching about everything. I picked him up yesterday and I am not even sure he took a breath between “hi mom!” and “Mom, I’m thirsty.” He will then proceed to say 30 seconds later, “Mom, I’m still thirsty.” He then will go another 20 seconds, and add 30% more whine, “Mom, I’m thirsty.” It goes on like this until we got to the school to get Bobby. Then it got worse.



We went into the classroom. Mind you, Dax had stopped on the way at the drinking fountain which I was sure would make things better. Not even a little bit. After he drank for like 3 minutes and we moved on, he started saying he was thirsty still. I honestly don’t know if he is thirsty or if this is just his power trip.



In the class, Bobby had a cup of milk there and it was in Dax’s cup. Oops. Ken had grabbed the wrong one. Crap. Dax went to have it, Bobby didn’t want to share. Dax pouted and hollered and did the full drama monkey routine. It was obnoxious. I convinced him that the sooner we got to Grandma’s, the sooner he could have some juice. It was a long walk back to the car, but we made it.



When we arrived at Grandma’s, the boys ran upstairs, shouting, “Uncle Doug’s here!” Sure enough, Doug was there. He had been in the neighborhood visiting a friend and stopped by. I thought this was awesome since it meant he was visiting with Dad even without my planning. YAY! My mom ended up going and playing with the boys and I hung out with Dad and Doug, just chit chatting. It was cool!



Matt called saying he was in route, which is my signal to head out. Doug left at the same time. Ken surprised me with getting me Taco Bell, which was all kinds of happy making. Especially since Dax was going to continue his grumpy.



Bobby had a great day at camp. He was a little nervous/weepy when Ken opted to not walk him to class, but to have him actually go with his classmates. Then a mom of one of his classmates approached him and said that her son had been looking for him. Awesome! Bobby told me he had a blast. He was a little bummed that in basketball they didn’t shoot the ball, only practiced dribbling, but I guess it had been raining so they had to do class in the auditorium. In cartooning he told me they did noodles. I was confused until I realized he meant doodles. LOL!



I fed the boys and Dax kept telling me he wasn’t hungry and was dinking around. I knew he was hungry, especially since he had been telling me he was hungry seconds before I set the food in front of him, and then he decided, without eating, that he wasn’t. Sigh. When I told them both to sit down and eat, Dax kind of back talked, which resulted in his immediate dismissal from the table. I took him and showered him, all the while going deaf because of his piercing screams in my ears. He finally calmed down enough to tell me he actually WAS hungry. Of course. So I let him eat his dinner in the kitchen, without any distractions. He ate it all.



Luckily, both of them didn’t give us much trouble when it was actually bed time. In fact, I screwed up since they fell asleep quickly last night, yet I still stayed up past 9. Oh well.



I need to really go through some accounts today. So that is my morning. I have a meeting this afternoon, which means I will be here probably a little later than normal, but I figure it is all OT at this point, so what the hell.



Tonight, I am going out with Conner to dinner. He had chatted me last week out of the blue. We chatted for a while and made plans to go get Chinese Food and go shopping, so how could I resist? LOL! I am going to go see his new place, and then go from there. I know it will be a late night, but I am feeling positive about it.



Ok, well the meeting for today has been rescheduled for next week. I think yay, but really, I would have been ok with it either way. It is a time suck, which is good, but it is at the end of the day which means it is not the ideal time suck time. LOL!



Ken was able to finally call me this morning. I was sure that he had forgotten his phone. LOL!



Bean, of the Kevin and Bean show, sent me a postcard from Paris! Before he left, he had tweeted that the first 5 people that emailed him would get one from him. I was number 1!! I got the card and I was so pleased. I know, I am lame.



The scar I gave myself when I was a kid seems to be going away. One day, I was bored, sitting in my living room and I was playing with scissors. See, this is why parents don’t want you to play with them. I started cutting the hair on my arm, and well, I missed. I cut this triangle type shape out of my arm. I of course bandaged it and didn’t tell anyone. It turned into a pretty scar. But it seems to have faded.



My candy cane scar is still going strong.



Note-the candy cane scar is not from a candy cane.



There was some article yesterday about some 22 year old blogger who had asked what would people in their 30’s and 40’s tell their 20 year old self. I wondered about this. I mean, at 20, I don’t think that is early enough. I think I would much rather talk to my 15 year old self. I figure that was 20 years ago.



First, seriously, lay off the sweets. Keep up the jogging. Embrace the skinny.



Second, take even more pictures. I know, I have gobs, but I feel like more would be better. And not just of people. Of places we went. Our cars. Our adventures. I don’t have nearly enough of those type of snapshots.



Third, pay more attention to your geeky people. These computers turned out to be pretty dammed important. They knew this before they became this way. Wouldn’t it be nice had I asked more questions and maybe even become more knowledgeable about all things tech?



Fourth-don’t hold grudges. Don’t holler and yell at people that are your friends. We all make mistakes. I am not suggesting to be a doormat, but perhaps be a little less quick to judge.



Fifth-Stay out of trouble! Ok, yes, trouble is fun, but more specifically, don’t get grounded so damn much. Go ahead and do some homework and make sure your grades don’t piss off the folks.



Sixth-I know you write in a diary, but put more detail into it. Oh, and make sure you date EVERYTHING.



Seventh-Keep your movie stubs. Write on the back of them who you saw the movie with. Put them all in an album. They will be fun to look at some day.



Eight-Seriously, try a different style of dance dress. And for the love of all that is holy, don’t wear that horrid blue dress to prom.



Ninth-Do more things for your friends. When it is their birthday, go all out. Really be a giving and generous person.



And last but not least-I might actually not tell myself anything. I say this because if I changed even the slightest thing, I would not be where I am today. Sure, not everything is perfect. Some extra cash would be grand instead of the extra lbs, but I think I would be devastated if I lost something more crucial because of some minor change.



Sigh. It annoys me when people come to me with a cat question, and then they don’t like the answer. This chick I gave Grumpy to (one of the kittens from last year), comes up and asks me why he won’t eat the kibble pieces that are fragments from his chomping on his food. I explain to her it is because he knows he doesn’t have to since they will just end up throwing that away. I tell her that with mine, since they are free fed, they know they cannot complain about not having food unless they have cleared out the kibble container, tiny fragments included. I would like to point out that they complain within seconds of finishing this off, of course, and we do feed them, but they are not wasteful. I told her that cats will do what they think they can get away with, and then some just because. She then gets all annoyed by this. She tells me her cat won’t do that. I told her that this was merely a suggestion and that she could do a number of things to curb this, but she won’t hear any of it. I suppose she just wanted to vent, but then again, she asked me what to do. Sigh. I just get frustrated.



As much as it is freaky to have Bobby going to school in 2 months, I am looking forward to the forced walk. My plan stands that I will be walking up to pick up Bobby from school. I am hoping he can hang out at the afterschool program on most days and then I would just get him by 2:45 or so. I figure it won’t take too long to get changed after work and then go up and get him. Plus, if the afterschool program is good, Dax can walk with me since I will give Bobby more time there. I will hopefully get to the point where I can take one or both the dogs, too, just so that they can get out with me. We will see how it goes.



Very excited! There is a pirate themed event at the mall on Saturday. I don’t think we have plans as of yet, so I want to take them down there. They get a hat and an eye patch, which could be fun.



I have decided that Dax is going to have a Toy Story themed birthday. He has been asking for Bullseye and Jessie, and his Woody doesn’t have a hat or talk anymore (currently, even Woody’s whereabouts are unknown and Dax keeps asking for him). So my plan was to get him the whole Roundup Gang. I then thought a green cake (since he is green after all) with Woody and friends on it. I don’t think I will do as big a celebration as we did for Bobby. I will reserve that for the 5 birthday. That being said, I would like to have a few people come over and hang out for his birthday. So we will see what goes on. The bouncer wasn’t that pricey, and inviting some kids over for some bouncing fun might be way worth while. And of course, we can just BBQ again. I have a little while to figure it out.



I wonder how much a pony would be.



Or Cowboy Gil. Oh if only!



Yie! It looks like I am in for busy soon. AYSO’s site is back up (yay!) so I thought I would go looking through the calendar. It turns out that first off, the opening weekend doesn’t interfere with the Vegas trip. Nor does any practice interfere with it. The first practices can’t start until the 17th of August. It said that most of the younger teams don’t start that day. Opening Weekend is Sept 10 through the 12th. I think that may work well since I figure he will probably play on Saturday and then we can do something with my dad for his birthday. Depending on how often he practices, we will have school, practice and just regular life! Sheesh! I have a feeling my life is about to get very crazy.



I am starving. I just had some scrambled eggs for lunch. I know, random, but I didn’t make dinner last night, so I didn’t have my traditional left overs. Plus, I didn’t have anything easy to grab. The eggs were good, but not filling. I think I have some crackers which will have to do. If someone has some soy sauce, I have some rice, so I may need to hunt some down.



Found soy sauce. Not loving the rice. It is this organic brown rice my mom gave me to try. However, it is some food, and it is better than the stale crackers.



Ok, no, I was wrong. Rice may in fact be worse than the crackers. I am not happy about this. I think I can survive, though, until I get home when I can have some kind of snack. But until then, I think I need to pout a little bit.

No comments: