Thursday, July 8, 2010

Zzzzzzzz...What, huh?

7-8-10




I feel like I am on something. It isn’t really that I am on anything other than the fumes of energy that are barely keeping me moving this morning. I am beyond tired right now. I honestly don’t even know how I got to work today.



Of course, the reason I am so beat is that I was out last night with Conner. I got home around 10:30. That being said, it was a good evening! I headed out early as I wasn’t sure how bad traffic would be. Turned out I left at the right time since I missed the earthquake since I was driving. In addition to this, it was an easy drive, with very little traffic. I actually got to his place a half an hour earlier than planned! Thankfully, he also had arrived early.



This was the first I had seen his new place. Damn, those old houses are gorgeous. I think I liked it a smidge better than the one he had been renting before. The kitchen and hide-a-way doors/wall that led to the back is really what sold me. Truly a wonderful place. Plus, the house is next to a school. Of course, he isn’t as thrilled about this, even taking measures to install sound proof glass in his bedroom since the school noise at 7 am was not fun. But it did seem to make the neighborhood much nicer.



We had decided on actually ordering in as it would allow more time for shopping later. It was perfect, really, since we were able to visit and eat without having to worry about getting to a restaurant. I was also pleased as I got some Chinese Food, something I had been craving for some time.



We filled each other in on recent trips and oddly enough both of our connections with half sibs. It was nice! He felt bad as I had been talking for enough time that it looked like I had not eaten anything. LOL!



After dinner, we went over to the old Fox Hills mall in Culver City. They had redone the mall and it was significantly nicer than last time I was there. It had been done rather oddly and my mall sense was all kinds of fucked up while in there, but it is a very plus size friendly mall, what with it having a Lane Bryant, Ashley Stewart, Torrid and even some place called Mode Plus.



We went by Mode Plus and determined that it just wasn’t me. So we then headed to Lane Bryant. Yay! There is nothing better than shopping when you have time to try on anything you want. We gathered several things, and I tried on everything. A good chunk of it worked well. I found some uber cute tops and dresses. I even found a pair or wonderfully comfy pants. It was pointed out that my bra wasn’t great, which I knew since it needs to be replaced, so next thing I know, I am trying on several bras as well. Woo hoo!!!



I am really starting to become amused at the Brenan thing. All Brenans seem to be approached randomly and spoken to as if they are life long friends. I can be in a Target, and I lose count of how many people ask me opinions on things or ask if I know where things would be. It is crazy! Last night was no exception. While at checkout, this lady pointed out that we had gotten the same dress. We chatted about that for a while and other things. Conner headed off to get me another bra (it was free because of their sale!) and this women proceeds to show the cashier and I her bra, that she is wearing! Of course, that is taken out of context. She had been telling us about her new bra from QVC which she said is crazy comfy and wonderful. So of course, we needed to see it. I don’t get flashed much. LOL!!



We headed to Torrid next, and that was kind of a bust. I found 2 things, one that is really jammies for Ken (for his viewing!) and then one awesome vest thing, but it was not a Torrid kind of day. Oh well!



We had planned on heading to Target, but both of us were exhausted, so we decided we would hit up Target in a couple weeks. Plus, he took some measurements and he was going to look online for some items for me. He has this knack for picking out clothing for women. He has an eye for it, so I expect that he will find some wonderful things. YAY!!!!



I was a little worried at one point when we were talking and the subject of some of my recent writings came up. I had mentioned my piece on immigration and how I had sided with Arizona. He seemed more than just appalled. Crap. I really had not intended on getting involved in a political debate. I also think that I have been pretty good about expressing why I came to my decision and that it wasn’t like I just decided, but that it was thought out. Either way, I tried to explain that I was mostly proud of how the piece was crafted. He said that content is in fact important, which if course I agree with, but that sometimes you can set aside your opinion to appreciate another writer’s style. He did, not so subtlety, say that my side was “wrong”, which I take offense to. Neither side is right or wrong here. It is an opinion and the reason for so many opinions is that it is a big issue that needs to be dealt with. To flat out tell me my opinion is wrong, before even hearing any arguments, well, I think that is pretty bad. I was worried this would set the tone for the rest of the evening.



Luckily, it was not a problem. We changed topic quickly and were back to laughing and having a good time. Then of course, something magical occurred when we were in Torrid. A Glee song came on while in store, which I giggled a little to, and Conner asked what I was so giddy about. I indicated it was a Glee song, but tried to stifle my enthusiasm since I didn’t also want to be criticized for my Gleekiness. Instead, he seemed to share my giggle, and I instantly called him out, asking if in fact he was a Gleek. Yay and triple yay! He was!!!!!!!!! A good chunk of the evening beyond that point was Glee talk.



I got to rock on of my new dresses today. It is happy making. I also got to wear a new bra, which makes my boobies happy!



Thank goodness! Kevin Smith is in studio which will help in my challenge of staying awake. This is tough. I will make it today. I just have to. Sure, I want so badly to just go home and sleep, but I don’t think I can. Especially since Maryann is out until about 10 and Vicki is out. No one gets here until 8:30 in order to ensure jobs are done. I just wish I had some soda or something.



On a more somber note, there is news out of the Brenan camp that George, Ken’s uncle, is very sick. He has battled leukemia and other ailments, and this new one hit him because of his already weakened immune system. He cut himself on a pot while doing some gardening. The problem was, the severity of the cut coupled with the fact that is occurred while said cut was in a pile of manure, caused a gnarly infection through his body. He is in the hospital, filled with infectious material. His stomach is so bloated he looks 9 months pregnant. They are treating it very aggressively because they want to knock out this infection before he goes into septic shock. It is all very scary and hopefully yesterday’s breakthrough that he was getting hungry means that the treatment is working.



Facebook certainly can add lots of random to your life. LOL! I just got a message from a former co worker here asking if I was interested in this collections position in Irvine. Of course, I have zero desire to drive to Irvine, so I am not interested, but what an interesting offer, nonetheless. I feel important!



I keep going through spurts of consciousness. Mostly Kevin and Bean with special guest Kevin Smith are what are keeping me going. Thank goodness!



Happy day! I wish I had remembered this yesterday! We have little packets of Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup in the lunch room. So my starving days are over! I just made a cup and so far, super happy making. I was never a fan of Cup O Noodles. The noodles never seemed right. These, on the other hand, seem to be good. It seems like a nice snack, so I am happy.



Ken is taking Bobby to the movies today. They are going with Aaron. They are seeing the Last Airbender. I think that Ken is lucking out big time since his kid loves movies, and loves all the movies he loves. It means that he will have someone to go see all these sci-fi flicks. Very cool! Hopefully Dax starts to enjoy them. It would be cool if they could do these kind of movie outings all the time, the three of them. Hell, they can all go see a movie while I go shop. LOL!



Well, with the boss being here, my odds of going home early decrease. I don’t like to leave when he is here. I don’t know why. He never cares. Either way, the soup has given me a boost in energy, so I should be ok now.



So I am the worst mom ever. Ken and Bobby get home yesterday and Bobby, who had just woke up from his nap in the car, tells me with big giant tears that I forgot to pack him a drink in his lunch. I frantically tried to score points, asking him if he liked the little treats I did remember to pack him, which included fruit snacks, M&M’s and some other tiny candy thing. He glares at me and points out that he no longer likes M&M’s (don’t even get me started on how annoying that is) so he didn’t eat them. Crud. I suck. On so many levels, I fail.



Kevin and Bean just ended. Crud. It means that I am now left without my wake up jolts. I suppose I should do some work.



I just fell asleep at my desk. Not good. Thank goodness no one is back here.

No comments: