Wednesday, January 25, 2012

5K

1-25-12


I sadly will have to give up my walks on Tuesdays. With Ken’s work schedule, I will be unable to walk unless I want to drag the kids along, which although can be fun sometimes, is not exactly a workout (at least not physically). It means I am going to either go ahead with the boflex at my parents’ house, or maybe I will take a walk there and leave the boys with my dad for the half an hour.


It worked out ok yesterday if only because I am in the process of having the boys finish 4 days’ worth of homework in 3. Tomorrow, instead of homework, we will be going to see Beauty and the Beast. Thank goodness for cheap matinee pricing at the theatre by Stephanie’s house!


In addition to the extra time spent on homework, Dax finished all but 10 of the Valentines for his class. He was very excited, especially when he wrote up the one for Breanna, the girl he said he is going to marry.

I have my treasurer webinar this evening. It is 2 hours long, which I am sure will be mind numbingly boring. I have gobs of distractions around me, too, which will probably result in issues with me taking a test. LOL!


The boys have impressed me recently with their willingness to try new foods. A couple days ago, they both wanted Chinese food, which normally would have only consisted of noodles. Instead, they picked out orange chicken and even tried some of the cream cheese wontons Ken and I get. They both ate some garlic bread on their own, which was a huge milestone. The best thing that they have recently discovered though has to be salsa. Yes, it is such a basic item, but the fact that they enjoy it pleases me. It means they are ok with spicy items now. They also had such a wonderful experience with it, they are even more willing to try new things. Dax tried the sweet and sour dipping sauce for his chicken nuggets. They both tried my iced tea. It is all of these little things that are truly wonderful as I get to watch them grow.


I am anxious to start my workout today. I don’t like how sweaty I do get at work, but I have mostly been able to clean up in such a way that I still look decent. I have not been listening to my podcasts/music while working out so far, mostly because if people come in, I don’t hear them when they say hello. I may just go with music today, and not have it nearly as loud. I think it will help when it comes to some of the exercises that I find myself struggling with because they are not easy.

Now if I could figure out how to read my book while exercising, I would be set! Yes, I know, books on audio, but really, I don’t think I would like that as much. I suppose if I did an exercise bike, it would work ok, but since it is not part of my routine, I don’t see it happening.

I need to register for my 5K walk on the 5th. I am looking forward to that, too. 5K should not be too hard, but it will be fulfilling for me to complete it. I like the idea of Ken and the boys at the finish line, cheering me on. If this keeps going well, I want to do more. Ooh! I could totally collect all the shirts and then cut out each logo and have Ken’s mom make me a quilt out of each race I complete!

No comments: