Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day

1-16-12


Ken sent me information about a 5K on Saturday for the LA Kings. It looks like you get a free ticket to a game. This would be awesome, but it looks like it might only be a run. I am not there, yet. I could totally handle a walk, but I worry walking is not allowed on this.



The walk the boys and I did on Saturday was about 3 miles. We stopped at the park and CJ’s for them. It was a good outing. I suggested to them that we do it again on Sunday, but there was resistance. Oh well.

I picked up some wrist weights at Target yesterday that I am now using for my arm rotations, along with the plans to wear them on my walks. They are 2 pounds each. It is amazing the addition of resistance to my workouts. I like it. I have them here at work. I am doing the rotations at my desk now every half an hour. I am sure it isn’t burning gobs of calories, but I am toning my arms, which in itself is a good thing. I don’t like the flab, so this is a good way to get rid of it. Plus, if I am moving around a lot, I would imagine this is good in general.



Ken and the boys are home today for MLK day. I am working. I am a little bummed, if only because I would love a day off, but at the same time, it will be an easy day. Plus, 2 full days of kid wrangling is no easy feat.

This afternoon, we will head over to the cemetery to visit Ken’s sister’s grave. It is her birthday tomorrow, and it seems like a good idea to let the boys understand these things.



This weekend will also potentially bring a trip to Murietta. Sandra is in town with the intent of going through the house. I don’t envy her task. I would imagine it will be tough. I don’t know how much stuff is left, but probably just being in the house again will be hard for her. At some point, she is getting together with my dad. I am hoping to tag along. We also will be picking up some stuff from the house, including Doug’s trumpet and possibly a piano. I also expect that there may be other sentimental items. In some ways, I can’t believe it has already been 6 months. In other ways, I can’t believe it has only been 6 months.



I got a new tea for my Keurig. I was looking for straight green tea, but all Target had was a green tea blend, which has lemon verbena, spearmint, and lemongrass. I like it for the most part, but I worry it isn’t the green tea which benefits me as much. I have discovered that there is a Starbucks on the way to work that is open at 4:30, so I may hit them up in the morning with my gift cards. I figure a nice giant cup of green tea will be nice to start the morning with.

No comments: