Monday, January 9, 2012

Walking Weekend

1-9-12


I think walking a 5K would be easy. The boys and I set out on an adventure on Saturday with the intent to walk from our house to my parents’ house. We made it to Old Towne Mall, which is about 4 miles. I was more than ok to walk the rest. The boys were less thrilled, although I think had I not given them the out they would have made it, too. Instead, my parents came and picked us up. Next time, I walk solo, but even so, I take this as a huge win.



I enjoyed my walking all weekend. Friday night, Stephanie and I walked around the neighborhood and then up to Starbucks for some tea. Who knew my Starbucks gift cards would actually come in handy for me?



On Sunday, we didn’t walk as much. My bribe to the boys was to walk up to Louis Burger for them to have a milk shake. Sadly, the machine was broken, which meant we had to walk to McDonald’s to handle the offer. We did walk back home from there, so I suppose it was a good hike. I am starting to feel like my short walks are almost too short.



Greg has asked me to help him with Tanya’s web site in regards to generating traffic for it via social media. I have to admit, I was incredibly flattered when he said he couldn’t think of anyone better for this task. This morning I have spent some time researching Lawrence, KS sites. I am thinking that http://www.searchlawrence.com/ could be more than just a real estate site. You almost need it to be a destination site for the city, with housing being the main draw of course. But when you are selling a home, it seems as though you are selling a life. Where you choose to live tells so much about you. So I think if we use all forms of social media, we will stand a better chance of getting people to go there. Granted, I am not sure how much I will be able to help. But I figure it might be fun.



My week looks to be interesting. This week I will meet with the trainer at work for my workout routine. On Thursday, I have a webinar to train on the Treasurer position. I also am signing up the boys for YDP this week. It is one of those strange weeks in which things seem to be changing. I can be assured it will fuck with me to some degree as my head never knows how to just roll with things.

No comments: