Monday, January 30, 2012

drinks and hair

1-30-12


The weekend started with a bang.

I headed out with Stephanie and Kam to Howl Friday night for an evening of music and drinks. I didn’t drive at all, which meant I was free to get as drunk as I could. Kam saw to it that I always had a drink in hand. I am very grateful she has connections since I had several shots due to her friendships with the bartenders who hooked us up.



The music was loud, and so was the place, but it was a lot of fun hanging out, laughing at the large array of 50 something women who were clearly trying to relive their youth.

There was a small group of gays and their hag that hung out near us. They were positively adorable, especially one that was gracious enough to allow me a picture with him and even gave me his name so I could find him on Facebook. He is just a kid (ok, he is at least 21, but when you are pushing 37 he is just a baby!) and I laughed when I thumbed through his profile on Saturday.



I got to bed a little after 3 in the morning. It was really fun to be wild like that every once in a while. Especially since I was getting up early to walk to the park!

I got up around 7 and the boys and I walked/scooted up to Wilson Park where we were going to meet up with Brandy at the Farmer’s Market. The boys played a bit before Brandy arrived, and I think they had a pretty good time. Dax, however was growing rather impatient as we wandered the market.



The original plan had been to walk home, but between Dax’s attitude and the text from Ken saying Coach Ed was going to be at the fields Ken was reffing at, we opted to hitch a ride with Brandy. We were probably home for all of 10 minutes. It was long enough for me to whip up a couple sandwiches, refill my water and head out.

Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy soccer. I found myself totally involved with the boys game that Ken happened to be reffing. I cheered for good plays, got angry at asshole coaches, and cried when one boy got his hand crushed by someone’s cleats.

This lady was there selling puppies. They were ridiculously adorable. Let’s just say it is good that they were not free.

Saturday afternoon we went to a World War I traveling exhibit down by the Queen Mary. It was small, but very interesting. They had a pretty good amount of items for it being so small. It is always interesting to see how things used to be. The patriotism, the honor and even just how we treated the military.





Saturday night was movie night. We watched Real Steel as a family. That was such a fun movie. I really enjoyed it a lot. The boys seemed to enjoy it, which makes sense based on the fact that it is giant robots fighting.

Ken and I then watched Paul, which was quite funny. Simon Pegg is pretty dammed charming, and the homages to just about every alien movie ever made were fantastic.



Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest, but we did a lot of house clean-up. It was much needed. In addition to cleaning, I also started my new hair.

I needed a change, so we decided that going lighter would be different. Sally’s Beauty Supply had this product that removes all the added colors. It was quite amazing, and it did lighten it quite a bit. I then colored it blonde. Sadly, the bottom is still darker than the roots, but I have another treatment, so I think the plan now is to apply it to the bottom again and see if we can lighten it even more. I have to admit, it is strange to look in the mirror at lighter hair. It doesn’t look horrible, but I would like the two tone corrected.



My week looks to be mostly normal. I have a board meeting on Thursday, but really it is the weekend that should be interesting. My 5K is Sunday! I am registered and will pick up my number on Saturday. It shouldn’t be a tough walk, but it is exciting either way. I am hoping it will inspire me to do more, and maybe some time soon I will even care about my time!

No comments: