Friday, January 27, 2012

rings

1-27-12


Ok, so I was bad yesterday.

I bailed from work around 10. I technically worked 5 hours, so I only left a couple hours early. I got to go hang out with Ken. He had several errands to run and I got to tag along. Maybe it makes me strange, but times like this make me very happy. I love just doing mundane tasks with Ken.

We went to lunch at Weeman’s Chronic Tacos, a place we have been meaning to try for some time. It was quite nummy, and the juxtaposition of old surf music playing with tatted and pierced out workers and owners was fantastic. I felt instantly comfortable there. I am anxious to go back with the boys since I know they will both really enjoy their food.



Ken and I also walked across the street to the Goodwill location there in Hermosa. I found a shirt and we also found a couple of pairs of cleats for Ken and the boys. We also noted that in fact ALL Goodwill locations are doing this huge $2 for all clothing sales today and tomorrow. I would be so tempted to check it out, but I am concerned the mad house that these sales will produce is more than I would want to deal with.


We also hit up Kay Jewelers. Ken had lost his wedding ring at some point, undoubtedly due to his weight loss. We were checking out replacement costs and opted to go ahead and order him a new ring. We also figured since we were there, we went ahead and placed an order to resize my ring. I went down 2 sizes on my ring, which is just awesome. We also are having them re-dip my ring in platinum so that I have a bright and shiny ring again. We should get our rings back next week some time, which is cute since it will be only a couple days before Super Bowl Sunday, which is the day that Ken proposed to me.



In the meantime, we both felt naked with no wedding bands on. Seriously, it just feels wrong. Since we were in the mall, we thought we would go to the jewelry shops like Claire’s to see about getting temporary, goofy rings for a week. We found what we were looking for at one of the mall carts in the form of claw shaped rings. When we showed them to the boys, they were quite thrilled, and I am guessing if they had their choice, we would keep these as our wedding rings. Wouldn’t it be awesome if some day, they asked to use one of these rings to propose to someone? Hee hee!


I am joining my department and AP today for a celebratory lunch thrown by our CFO. He is congratulating us for a year well done. We broke some of our own records last year with collections and he is treating us to lunch. The nicest thing about this is that I will get to workout at 10:30, then I only really have about an hour left of my work day. I am going home from the lunch.


Tonight my adventures are taking me to Howl with Stephanie and Kam. Should be a fun outing. I am not driving, which means I can have a few cocktails without having to worry about anything. I am thrilled about this. I like the idea of just being able to relax.


Tomorrow, the epic walking adventure takes the boys and I to Wilson Park to walk the Farmer’s Market with Brandy. I figure we can also walk around the park a bit, let the boys play on the playground, and then head back home at some point.

Ken is busy doing two games tomorrow. He called up to the show! He is doing the championship games. He is only an AR, but still, it is a big deal. I am excited for him.

Being that I know we will be tired come tomorrow afternoon, the plan is on my walk I will pick up a couple of flicks from the Redbox and we can watch Real Steel with the boys and then we are going to watch Paul after they go to bed. It sounds like a nice and peaceful evening.



Our school is poor. It bums me out that there may not be enough in the way of funding for field trips for either of my boys. They can’t afford the buses. I wish there was some way to help them out. I just don’t know how. Perhaps with giant rummage sale. I may need to propose this idea. If people brought old stuff, and we just put it all out in the playground, we could sell tons of stuff in order to raise enough money for busses. I think I will email the principal.


I have noted a slight increase in hair loss lately in the shower. I don’t think it is enough to freak out, but it is annoying. I have also been noticing that my hair just isn’t the same level of healthy as it is at other times. I wonder if this is due to an increase in washing. I had read that it is an old wives tale, therefore causing me to start washing my hair most days again. Of course, I also wonder if it is in fact period related. Either way, I sometimes find that the net has too much info, and man is it frustrating.


I told Ken I was bored with my hair and he told me to color it red just for the hell of it. I am pleased he is on board, so I think I will start looking into the best way to accomplish this and the best shade. He also said I might try lighter, but I still maintain that when I had light brown hair I looked too washed out. But who knows.

No comments: