Friday, January 13, 2012

Musical dreams of murder

1-13-12


Despite being aesthetically pleasing and comfy to rest on, my boobs are pissing me off. The bras may in fact be the culprit. I don’t have any that accomplish all of my criteria. I would like my bra to present my wares in an attractive way, while allowing me to not have to constantly adjust the elaborate pulley system that is making this happen. I believe this magical device is out there. I just need to go and get it.



Dream world was wacky last night. At some point, I was sitting in a diner with 3 other people. One was a flamboyant black guy, one was a ditzy blond and the other an angry goth rocker. All of them were insisting to me that Ke$ha was a good artist and were explaining to me that I was out of touch because I was old. I explained to them that even though they thought they were worldlier, they were actually more closed minded due to their ignorance of older music. It was a heated discussion, with them criticizing my playlist only because they didn’t know who many of the singers were. This infuriated me. How can you not like something simply because you have not heard of them?



I left the diner and went to the school that I worked at as a teacher. Most of the staff was younger than me and seemed to have the same attitude towards me that the 3 in the diner had. At one point I lost my cool and actually declared to a student that I was about to go all “Laura Ingles on her ass” which makes no less sense when I am awake than it did in the dream. A gun was involved which did end up shooting the girl. Most people were appalled except for one older professor who hugged me and did a little gig when he saw that the most popular girl in school was now dead.



Instead of jail, I was sent to a Big Brother style house to “think about what I had done”. I was to spend time in there with other people who were unwilling to conform to the system. It was a cold morning when I arrived, and it appeared to be an old Denny’s converted into a dark cabin. I had Tonks with me. She seemed concerned about the other people in the house, and actually appeared to no longer be a real cat. She was much more animatronic and may have even spoke to me. Her conversation was interrupted by the alarm telling me it was time to get up.



In reality news, Ken spoke to Mrs. Fasheh about Dax’s self-esteem issues. She was shocked at his lack of confidence, especially since she said that Dax is always the first one to know the answer, first to read new words, first to read sentences. Ken hinted that some peer influences may be afoot, and she didn’t really dispute this. Yesterday, said influence was not at school, which seemed to produce a much more chipper Dax when we picked him up. He had also earned himself a special sticker for his math skills. Hopefully with some more confidence building, we will help Dax overcome this hurdle.



My random desire to stick my toes in the sand came true. We packed some sandwiches and headed down to Dockweiler Beach. It was about 25 minutes till sundown, so it was beautiful out. The boys splashed in the water, which was far less freezing than I had expected. It was a nice evening.



Epic walk is in the pre-planning stages still, but the thought for now includes a walk through old Torrance, checking out some of the shops I tend to neglect. We will then head up towards the park, and perhaps the boys can play for a while. Then we will head towards CJ’s to get the boys some ice cream and me some iced tea. Then we will head to the field where Ken is reffing, which will then provide us with a ride home. Should be fun!

I feel ungrateful speaking ill of my company, especially since they treat me quite well, but I will say I am rather bummed that I do not have Monday off like most people do. Ken and the boys will just be hanging out, playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii all day, so it isn’t as though I am missing out on anything, but I have to admit, having a day to relax sounds nice.



My creative mind is putting Ken’s awesome sewing skills to work again. Since Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, the project is to make little cloth bags for all of the boys’ classmates in order to put their goodies in. Ken said the bag sewing is not hard. What will take the longest will be cutting the fabric, which I can actually handle, therefore allowing me to help on this. I figure then we can staple the valentine cards onto the fabric itself with the names all written by the boys.



Our weekly Friday hunt for the ultimate sloppy taco continues this evening with a local joint that we have decided will be really funny if it pans out. This place has been there for as long as we have lived in our house, and if it has what we were looking for all along, we will be kicking ourselves having never gone there.



I am thinking it would be fun to have a Passion Party. Yea, it could be considered awkward, but I think it would be fun. I know someone who hosts them, and she is a doll. I just asked her how much it costs and here is the breakdown:

I don't charge to have party it's free. You have a min of $250 to meet in ordering.....so usually u want to Invite atleast 10 ladies who you know will make a purchase. If they all made a purchase for $20 each u would meet your goal. That would be $200 plus I play a square game that theladies purchase raffle tickets for $2.00 each and when the sheet is filled up its $50 one of the ladies win in products that night. So u see its very easy.,... I help you reach your goal...... and that entitles you to our Hostess Rewards Program. To set the date their is a Deposit of $50 to hold your date and once u hit min I refund you the $50 back the same same night or u can use it towards ur purchase.



It sounds like it could be fun. I just wonder if I have 9 friends who would want to participate

The time has come to spend some time pretending to work. Happy weekend, all!

No comments: