Thursday, January 26, 2012

bored and reading

1-26-12


I am re-reading Ender’s Game. Thankfully there is no management here today since it means I have been reading during commercial breaks for Kevin and Bean. Good books suck me in and they are very hard for me to set down.


My webinar was in fact super boring in a lot of ways. I did manage to learn a couple of things, though, and even presented a question that the instructor was intrigued by and was going to look into it. Thankfully I didn’t need to take notes, and the “test” was more of a discussion and her making sure we were participating. I am glad that I have the background that I do as I would imagine being the Treasurer would be a little more confusing if you didn’t deal with GL’s and balancing multiple accounts.


You can tell there is management missing this morning. The troops are restless and distracted. I don’t know that anyone is even at their desk. I don’t mind, since it does mean even less intervention when it comes to me sitting here reading. At the same time, though, there is less predictability on where people will be.

I have been too immersed in Ender’s Game. I feel like I am making up strategies in a battle room.


This is one of those days where I should be ok to be at work, but in reality I want to be home.

No comments: