Thursday, January 19, 2012

wacky dreams

1-19-12


Why did my dream include boating to some strange tiny island that was actually just a giant house that we thought was vacant but in fact was inhabited by tons of cats and a little old man who was locked in one room because he had some horrid disease? Two of the cats were cats, but they were really just a bunch of those colorful pom pom things you use in crafts. Another cat was about 30 pounds, but not from fat. He was huge, and hairless and very grey. While we were there, people in hazmat suits came in to clean, and then they put on a huge show for us and the kids. They even brought them giant stuffed animals. It was odd.



I am sore today. But even though I hurt, I feel so amazing!!!! I worked out with the trainer yesterday. Holy fuck, lots of stuff. He has given me 8 exercises, with how many to do. I have 20 bench squats, 20 push-ups, repeat those two. 20 bench step ups on each leg, 20 seated rowing at 55 pounds, repeat both sets. 15 Cable trunk twists at 40 pounds and reverse 15 grip pull downs at 70 pounds, repeat both. Lastly I do ½ squat with 15 pound dumbbells 20 times, and then 20 straight bar pull downs with 70 pounds, and then repeat those. He says ultimately I am going to be able to do all of that in 20 minutes. That is the goal, and once I get to that point and am finding the resistance too easy, he will up this. He says this set should be good for about 4 to 6 weeks.


My plan is to do these exercises at around 10:30 or so every day at work in the gym. I then can do my normal walk when I get home each day. So weight training and 2 miles a day. I sure do hope for some results. The trainer said he was impressed with how strong I was. In fact, he upped the original ideas he had of only doing 15 reps to 20 because he could tell I could handle it. Even if this was just positive trainer talk to encourage me, I will so take it as a compliment.

I got my first catcall in ages! I was walking yesterday and I had to wait for the light, so I was doing steps up and down on my toes to keep moving. A guy rode by on his bike and whistled and did some of the grody construction worker leers. It was awesome!


I would love to be fit enough that when the boys are in high school that their buddies always want to come to our house so they can check out Mrs. B.

I am in hate with my hair right now. It is at this awkward length with the layers kind of growing out and its wave being off. Not sure what needs to be done. Do I cut? Do I get bangs? Do I do a new color? Or do I just try to be patient?




Last night we went to the evil Ralphs. It appears that the once portal to hell is really trying to impress me with the numerous bargains it is throwing our way. When I entered, I didn’t feel the cold chill of evil I did the first time. We also picked up a half a dozen frozen turkeys that were all $5 each. They are all huge, too, normally priced at $30. I figure I can cook them from time to time, allowing me to have lots of protein for the mornings. We also picked up some incredibly marked down coffee for Ken’s mom’s new coffee maker we got her for Christmas. All in all, a good shopping trip.



I went through my closet again yesterday and got rid of a handful of things. Ken also helped me in figuring out which items he could take in easily. I have one uber fancy dress that he said he can take in very easily. Another one of my favorite skirts he said was also easy, so I am excited about this. Bobby was my fashion consultant during much of this and we were discussing my weight loss. At one point he says to me, “I still liked you bigger.” I asked him why and he says, “You still always looked good.” That kid is going to make someone an amazing husband.



I am very close to telling Greg that I don’t think I am the person to help him with his project. He wants things done a certain way, and I really don’t know that I can do it. Especially based on the time it will take. Hopefully this evening we will talk about it some more on Google+, but at that point I may bow out.

I need some cute exercise clothing. If I am going to be changing into them each day and staying in them for the last couple hours I am at work, I want to look nice.

No comments: