Monday, June 18, 2012

Late?

6-18-12


Ugh.

I feel icky this morning. It doesn’t help that we got home late last night and I just couldn’t get comfortable. It is no secret that I am not on birth control. Ok, it isn’t a secret with the people I know read this. I am currently 4 days late according to my best calculations. I should have started Thursday. I am never late. I am always early if anything. That being said, since I had been feeling off for about a week now, I opted to do the pee stick. The first stick I used was one of the ones from the Dollar Tree. Don’t laugh! I had read several articles pointing out that technology has gotten to the point that even the cheap ones are pretty accurate.



That stick was negative.

After that I just assumed that it must mean that the ick I had been feeling was just some mega PMS. This seemed way reasonable. Yet the ick continued, with none of the other typical period symptoms. So I opted to pee on a nicer stick. It was one of the ones that claims to be able to detect pregnancy up to 5 days before a missed period. So why not use that, right?



That stick was negative.

Well, ok, then truly I must be just over reacting to some pretty vague symptoms. What a shock, me being hyper sensitive to any medical situation? Sheesh, I need some help.

This all brings us to this morning. I am still not bleeding. I have been awake each night with a bout of nausea. I have been more tired than I have been in a long while. In all fairness, we were driving in the mountains, which makes me car sick. It was 100 degrees up at the Compound and it was a long weekend with little sleep. This means every single thing could have an alternate answer.

It is time for the third stick.

Ken will go pick one up today. If he doesn’t make it to the store, we will go this afternoon. I of course won’t be able to pee on it this afternoon. Well, ok, I can, but morning urine is more concentrated and based on my water consumption, my urine may in fact be pretty diluted in general. However, since I am a very impatient person, I will probably just get a box with 2 tests so I can take on this afternoon anyway, and have a backup for tomorrow morning.

Aside from the possibility of having a new tenant, the weekend was mostly uneventful in terms of uber excitement. We got up to the Compound late on Friday night. Turns out, a good chunk of the 5 was under construction causing 13 miles of one lane and backup. Thankfully Ken was able to get us to an off freeway route to pass up most of it. In fact, the detour we took on the way home saved us about an hour and 45 minutes of traffic.



Saturday morning we headed out to the Soap Box Derby. It was 98 degrees out. We thankfully got a pretty good parking spot, but even that was not going to salvage this plan. We had a good spot to see the cars whiz by, but that’s the problem. These cars were going much faster than I had hoped for. I wanted more of the wacky cars, less of the competitive versions. It was cool, but when you are standing in baking heat to only get a 3 second glimpse of a car, it isn’t worth it.

There was a kids section of a couple of bounce houses, which the boys enjoyed. The pool was supposed to open at some point, but we knew it would be packed. We stayed at the derby for maybe an hour and a half and then threw in the towel. We went back up to the house, and at which point gathered the dogs and opted to head down to the creek. Yay! There was only one family there, and only the 6 year old kid with them was in the water. It allowed us to let the dogs swim, the boys met a new friend, and it was perfect. Luna was thrilled!! Lycos was even perkier because of the dip. The boxer pups are not water dogs, so although they were happy for the outing, I don’t think they were getting the full happy from the trip.


That evening we just hung out and had nice chats about everything from Ireland to pets to school to movies. It was great! We had to also clean up the garage at one point because a bear managed to thrash a bag of dog food and knock over the can of bird feed in the garage. Don’t tell Dax since it took me a bit before this happened to convince Dax there were no bears coming into the house. Oops.


Tomorrow is the last day of school. Both boys are getting awards. I know Bobby is getting the perfect attendance award since he got a letter saying so. Dax’s letter didn’t say, but it would make sense that he would get the same. The ceremony starts at 10. This means I will come to work in the morning and leave around 9. I need to go get them each a balloon.

I am sitting here and I see gobs of work. Granted, I know all of it will take me maybe 20 minutes to do, but I just am not feeling it. Lame.



No comments: