Thursday, June 21, 2012

one week

6-21-12


One week.

After work we are going to ride up to the store to pick up the last home test that I will buy. No matter the results, I will be heading to the doc. I figure if it is nugatory, I need to know why my period is AWOL. If it is positive, well, I am thinking I need to get me an OBGYN.


Until then, I have a day of work ahead of me. I am a little tired still. Not horribly so. It is just noticeable. I think the frustration is starting to get to me a bit more than I would like.

I wasn’t able to get my hair cut yesterday. Not a problem as I was able to meet the chick who would be cutting my hair and I made an appointment for Friday at 2. I am going for cut only, and I will ask her what the best approach to getting back to brown would be. I also am going to see if she knows how to restore some happy hair to my head. The roots coming in are awesome, but perhaps she knows of a product that will restore some moisture to the rest of my locks while they wait for new growth.



Sadly, I have been using the wrong terminology on my hair adventures. I have been indicating I need to “fix” my hair. I was unaware of the indications that this was putting off. Ken has taken this to heart and has felt as though I have been criticizing his help on my hair. I have NEVER blamed him for anything that my hair has gone through. He has acted only as my assistant and has done to my hair everything I have asked him to do. The bleach actually was something he wasn’t as thrilled with, but I insisted because of my inability to be patient with results. I feel bad since I never intended on hurting his feelings.



My mom was asking the boys what names they would choose if they ever had a sibling. Bobby’s so far has been the best. He suggested Spark for a boy. I actually really like that.

Last night we took Miss Luna to the Torrance vaccination clinic. Thankfully we went just early enough that we were only a few back in line and that we didn’t have to stand around for a long ass time. Luna was very good. Her only problem was that she wanted to give everyone a hug. She is very gentle about her hugs, but she isn’t a tiny puppy. Thankfully, this was a batch of good dog owners. None of them were offended at her hug offer, and even more importantly, none of them were offended when I scolded her with a stern “off” command.


The $7 price tag for a rabies vaccination is pretty sweet! The clinic started at 7. We got there at about 20 till and were out by 10 after. I now can go get her license renewed. Woo hoo!

Once again I got to work a little earlier, which means I will not feel so bad doing a longer walk on the treadmill this morning. Yesterday I did 35 minutes at 3 mph at the highest incline of 12 (not that I know what that means in terms of incline, but I figure doing it on the highest is a good thing). I am going to start increasing my speed I think. I have been known to go at 3.2 mph. I would like to get up to 4 by the end of the summer.



Stephanie, Sabrina and I got to wander downtown San Pedro yesterday since I couldn’t get my hair cut. It was fun going on a girly shopping trip. Not that we got anything, but there is something different about going into the vintage clothing stores with girls and no boys. Speaking of this one store, it had some really fun old threads. I am looking forward to my weight loss since there were several things in there I could see wearing just because. I pointed out to Stephanie that we I get back down to human size, I am going to be out of control with my clothing. LOL! I was calculating it out and honestly, if I can lose another 80 pounds, I will be thrilled and content. I know my idea is like 135, but what’s wrong with 20 pounds of curves?

I need to remember where I parked today. Since I got in early, I took advantage of being allowed to park in the front again. Yesterday I did this, but completely forgot when I headed out to the car. I absentmindedly walked out to my normal spot and was confused when my car was not there. So this afternoon I will try to remember so I don’t walk all the way to the back again.



No comments: