Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Welcome Home, Lord Stanley!

6-12-12


GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It was a truly amazing game. Yes, they won, but there were crazy fights, linesmen getting trampled and goalies pulled at surprising times. 6-1 was the final score, and it was awesome!

I am rockin my Kings hat this morning in honor of their win. WOO!

The other part of my afternoon was pretty basic. We rode up to get the boys and since we didn’t have homework to contend with when we got home, we were able to head over to Costco early enough to get home in time for hockey.

Ken had been growing his beard since the playoffs. It is one of those superstitions in which you can’t shave while your team is in it. Ken has had a pretty burly beard for some time anyway, but it was getting to Hagrid proportions.



I told him that when the Kings win, we should shave it. I didn’t just mean the excess scruff either. I thought we could do the full shave just for the hell of it. His beard grows fast so a full goatee would be back on his face by Friday anyway. So last night after the game, he let me shave it all off. Hee!



I am tired since that game was crazy and I was up later than normal. Not exhausted, but I am pretty tempted to just not come in at all tomorrow and sleep in until it is time to go to the school rather than work.

I would like to ride our bikes to my folks’ this afternoon, but the boys may give me too much shit. We shall see.

I think I am done with the rainbow bright things and am tempted to go back to brown. I also want to cut it like Delia’s hair in Beetlejuice. Specifically how it looks in this image.



No comments: